WE ARE GAMEMAKERS
Who we are:
We are a diverse team of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
What we need:
- Develop and support UI visualization needs in accordance with the project's artistic direction and game design philosophies.
- Work with Game & UX-Designers to rapidly concept, iterate, and produce assets throughout all stages of development from pre-viz, to in-engine implementation of game-ready assets, and into polish.
- Stewards artistic efforts through leadership approvals, iteration, and cross-functional implementation with occasional assistance from Production & Leadership.
- Partner with key stakeholders to effortlessly develop and maintain a cohesive UI style guide that iteratively manifests in-game.
- Routinely identify, implement, and document UI Art best practices and workflows to improve team effectiveness.
- Proactively learns and researches new tools to elevate the quality of UI deliverables and improve workflow within the UI team.
- Constantly seeks to grow self, and open to growing and mentoring others.
Who you are:
- Demonstrates exceptional understanding of high-quality interactive entertainment UI needs.
- Well organized.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Experience in visual prototyping software (Adobe XD, Balsamiq, Axure RP, Figma, etc.).
- Proficiency in software such as Photoshop, and Illustrator (or equivalent software for asset generation) is required.
- Experience working in game engines (e.g., Unreal Engine, Unity, and other propriety or commercial engines), design toolsets, and production pipelines is a must.
- Scripting knowledge (Blueprints or other) is a major plus.
- Motion graphics and animation proficiency is a major plus.
- Knowledge in 3D is a plus.
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates" in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that 31st Union and 2K never uses instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.
Protect your community by reporting fraud, scams, and bad business practices (178 kB)
Join our mission: Bring fun, inspiration and awe to our lives and to our community:
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $90,000 and $135,000 per Year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.