- Join the Product team for Australia’s leading educational video company
- Join a highly motivated, passionate and supportive team who are creating better video learning experiences for schools
- 12 month fixed-term contract (maternity cover with potential for extension), 3 days a week part-time, located in Sydney, working from home and in the office
- Check us out! https://www.clickview.net/au
Do you want to make a positive impact on the education of future generations? If the answer’s yes, then we want you here at ClickView. We believe in using the power of video to transform traditional education, allowing students and teachers to foster a creative and innovative educational environment, from wherever they are.
At ClickView, we look for passionate professionals who are seeking a hands-on role in a dynamic organisation. In turn, we invest in our staff to enhance overall team performance and achieve growth together. You can expect support and the benefits of a flexible, open plan and vibrant work environment.
Are you ready to take your first step with us?
Who we are looking for
As the UX/UI Designer within our Product Team, you will be working alongside a supportive and passionate team of designers and developers. You'll be accountable for understanding our customer base deeply, crafting experiences, and solutions that improve the product for our customers.
With our users are at the heart of everything we do, you will conduct user research to identify opportunities, and inform decisions on product and design strategies. Through solving complex challenges, you will help improve the experience for millions of our customers worldwide with our product and endless support.
Our product has recently gone through an exciting redesign which you can see here - https://www.clickview.net/au
What you’ll be doing in this role:
Design for the user
- Make an impact through your research with educators across the globe - identifying teacher needs when it comes to playing video in the classroom and admin goals for helping schools set up.
- Plan, recruit, carry out, analyse, and activate qualitative research studies and demonstrate how this influences product and design team decision-making
- Communicating research with relevant stakeholders and follow-up on internal research requests;
- Utilise your knowledge of design methods like personas, journey maps, etc to build a shared understanding of the customer with your team.
- Work deep in the early-stages of product definition, using your UX skills to help your team identify real user problems and collaborate to make effective design solutions
- Take a collaborative and iterative approach to make solutions stronger
- Build intuitive, delightful experiences for users through UI and interactive design. You’ll use flows, mockups, and prototypes to visually communicate your ideas both to end users and internal teams
- Facilitate input from other designers and engineers, taking a journey-based approach to designing from start to end.
- Solve design challenges and user needs, whilst also balancing the business goals and technical constraints
- Collaborate and communicate your designs effectively to our developers and other key stakeholders
- Contribute to the design system, upholding consistency using existing patterns and components throughout your designs
- Contribute to the design culture - we have a team of product and graphic designers that are always striving to look at ways to better scale design systems and maintain consistency of high quality designs across different departments. We support each other regularly through design reviews and sharing the latest design industry news.
- 3+ years’ experience. Background in UX/UI design (in the tech or education space is a bonus!)
- Strong design experience. Exceptional visual communication skills and experience working with modern software. Superb technical skills using Figma, Adobe Creative Suite.
- Team player. Experienceworking with different people across the business to plan, prioritise and deliver projects.
- Excellent communicator. You are able to clearly convey your thoughts, feelings and opinions to the team, customers and stakeholders.
- Eye for detail. You love the work you do, and it shows through well-thought-out communication, and pixel-perfect designs.
- Adaptable and agile. Abilityto work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and potential trade-offs, whilst keeping the product and company strategy in mind.
- Stakeholder management. Confidence in communicating the direction, improvements, and opportunities to multiple stakeholders with the goal to bring alignment and delivery.
- Customer centric advocate. Experience in conducting user research and working in the early stages of the design process. You enjoy talking with customers and put their needs at the core of what you do.
- A great attitude. You have a can-do attitude that’s ready to take on fun and exciting challenges. You bring the right attitude to a team paving the way for growth and success in innovative ways.
- Extra paid Wellbeing and Volunteering leave. To care for yourself and others ?
- Flexible working hours and arrangements. To accommodate for different working preferences and personal situations ?
- 100 days working from anywhere. Work remotely from a different location for up to 100 calendar days per year ?
- Employee discounts. We offer all employee’s access to a wide range of discounts through FlareHR to support their wellbeing and financial health ?
- Learning and Development budgets. Access to LinkedIn Learning, along with professional opportunities made available to all our teams, so you can continue growing to be the best you ?
- Wellbeing Policy. With access to an Employee Assistance Program and wellbeing apps, we put your mental health and wellbeing at the forefront of what we do ????
- Regular social events and conferences. We celebrate the hard work of our team with regular catered social events, conferences across all offices, amazing harbour front office views, and free snacks daily ?