At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where 'Health for all Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
North America UX Design and Strategy Lead
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As the North America UX Design and Strategy Lead at Bayer Digital Farming, you will be part of a community that shapes the future of Digital Agriculture for the region and leads UX Design.
You will represent the UX function and perform regular product design concept reviews with customers, cross-functional partners, executives, and stakeholders. You will be expected to educate down, up, and out on UX decisions and back them up with data/customer insights.
The successful candidate will report to the VP and Chief Product Officer for Bayer Digital Farming.
- You can think big and design new products of proven customer value.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the complexity of the North America Digital Agriculture environment.
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and data driven decision-making.
- Proven experience with rapid, iterative design and development processes.
- Can lead UX design concept validation with users.
- Can work with a cross-functional team to develop and execute in an agile SW development environment.
- Have a curious mind and a high learning potential.
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication abilities, with a knack for bridging gaps among stakeholders and knowledge domains.
- Have proven leadership skills, with a track record of developing and mentoring.
- Great at conflict resolution and building networks of support.
In Order to Be Considered for This Role You Must Submit a Portfolio or Case Studies that show your ability to solve User Experience challenging problems.
- Develop a vision for the overarching North America UX design strategy and reaches alignment with cross-functional products, tech leaders and business owners.
- Work proactively through the ambiguity of understanding customer needs and ensures the resulting experiences are simple, clear, and compelling.
- Lead the development of design solutions based on user insights, business needs, and industry trends that further business outcomes.
- Drive a holistic design process, design system, and design language across teams and products.
- Stay on the cutting edge of what’s new in technology and user experience, leading the team to identify and experiment with new promising tech and methodologies.
- Inspire, lead, and develop people.
- Advocate for the Regional Product Strategy with the Global stakeholders.
- Uncover cross-regional efficiencies and drive change.
- Contribute as a key leader to the Design Culture and Community at Bayer Digital Farming.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks someone who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's degree in a Design related field, Marketing or Business, or equivalent practical experience in building and delivering global products.
- 5 years of experience in Product Development/Mangement related field.
- 3 years of experience leading people and working in a complex, cross-functional organization.
- Understanding of the complexity of the North America Digital Agriculture environment.
- Master's degree in design, Human-Computer Interaction, Marketing or Business, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience leading people and working in a complex, cross-functional organization.
- 3 years of work experience working with senior leadership.
WHAT WE OFFER
Base salary estimated range between $135k-201k annually, depending on the hiring location. You may also be offered bonuses, RSUs cash equivalent, or commission.
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability, as well as a Life Solutions Plan covering mental health benefits
- Industry leading 401K match of up to 10%
- Discounted access to Employee Share Purchase Plan program
- Professional growth opportunities including up to $10,000 college tuition reimbursement, access to upskilling platform, leadership training, mentoring and coaching programs, and short-term assignments (domestic and international)
At Bayer, we strive to build inclusive experiences for candidates and employees alike in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented. If this role sounds exciting to you but your experience doesn’t perfectly align with the job description, we still encourage you to apply.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we actively pursue ways to celebrate our differences and don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, contact us at DFS_TCC_TALENTOPS@bayer.com.
Learn more about our team and mission: https://www.bayer.com/en/us/careers