Apply for this job
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture, and a drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
As a UX designer, you are driven by your passion for human-centered design, interaction design, and visual design. Your goal is to create meaningful experiences for our players. You are constantly learning, whether it's new software, design methods, or just getting to know your colleagues better. You take a proactive approach to your work and are always looking for ways to contribute to the project under the guidance of your leads.
- Clarify goals and requirements, and evaluate their impact on the project.
- Collaborate with game designers, engineers, and production team to discuss, define game features, and gather requirements.
- Delivery of user flows, low and high-fidelity wireframes, and documentation.
- Delivery of interaction and visual designs.
- Delivery and refinement of designs in engine.
- Engage and lead conversations with stakeholders to communicate your design intent and solutions.
- Supporting other UX & UI designers by promoting collaboration and assisting with overflow tasks.
- Proactively find ways to improve our games.
- Learn and share best practices with the team.
- Education background in Interaction Design, HCI, Psychology, or a design related field with Human Factors.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating effective solutions for human-centered design challenges and visual design problems.
- 3+ years of experience as a UI and/or UX Designer or Product Designer in a professional capacity.
- A high level of expertise in using design tools commonly used in the industry, including Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, and others.
- Having an iterative design process that ensures the best solutions are delivered.
- Ability to take complex information and turn it into user-friendly UI design solutions.
- A passion for solving human-centered design challenges and problems.
- Experience with Inclusive Design and advocacy.
- Strong eye for visual design.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with Unity is a major plus.
- Experience with data-driven design (quantitative).
- Experience with user research.
- Experience working on free-to-play games.
- A passion for games.
$81,600 - $122,400 a year
This salary range is specific to candidates located in British Columbia. The salary of the successful candidate will vary within this range based on their knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Excited by this opportunity? Kabam is dedicated to growing our diverse and inclusive workforce, so if your past experience doesn’t perfectly match the listed requirements we encourage you to apply anyways - you could be a great fit for this or other positions.
We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Kabam is a world leader in developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology, and revolutionary gameplay to players around the world.
Kabam’s games, Marvel Contest of Champions, Disney Mirrorverse, and Shop Titans, have generated hundreds of millions of downloads and have received multiple awards including Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal and Charlottetown in Canada, Los Angeles and San Francisco in the United States, and in Seoul, South Korea. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.