We create and sell $25 active sunglasses for anyone. No slip, no bounce, all polarized, all fun. Interested in joining our team? Keep reading.
OUR VALUES: We have two core values: Fun & Authenticity.
- FUN = Being sh*tty isn’t fun. Agreed? Taking pride in your work, finding joy in being GREAT, and celebrating wins… and losses. Now, that’s fun!
- AUTHENTICITY = Focusing on being authentic over being liked. (Next-level guru stuff. Count it.)
Fun Fact: We do not allow email to be sent internally. Carrier pigeons only. JK, we use Slack.
AUTONOMY: We practice autonomy, empowerment, and accountability so that every team member can be in control of their own life.
- REMOTE WORKING: Most roles are only required to be in office every Tuesday and Thursday with the occasional third day throw in.
PURPOSE: We want to leave the world better than we found it in ways that are unique to an individual’s personal journey. But, what does that even mean??? It means:
- PURPOSE PROJECTS: Every team member gets to create their own project for making the world a better place.
Fun Fact: One purpose project resulted in a team member’s band doing an instagram live with Sir Elton John!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Do you eat, sleep, and breathe UX/UI design? And we don’t just mean the end product. Nope, we’re talking about the whole process, start to finish: strategy, prototyping, competitor analysis design, testing, implementation–the list goes on. Then, get ready to do it all over again! Basically anything that elevates design from a blurry meme you quickly scroll past to a digital freaking masterpiece you remember for the rest of your life!!!
If the above paragraph gets your heart pumping, you might be the UX/UI Designer we are looking for! By joining our Creative team, you’ll be tackling every aspect of our UX/UI design process to achieve all of our wildest dreams.
- Use knowledge of front-end platforms, frameworks, and languages to deliver high-quality designs
- Collaborate with designers and stakeholders to incorporate both user needs and business requirements into design solutions
- Apply user-centered design principles to improve and optimize the workflow, expand the functionality, and enhance the visual appeal of the website
- Serve as a subject matter expert for issues associated with web site usability, accessibility, user interface design, and information architecture
- Lead and manage all phases of the UX/UI design process including high-fidelity mockups, wireframes, flows, personas, use cases & scenarios, journey maps, storyboards, prototypes, and annotated specs
- Define, execute, and synthesize research insights to leverage the customer voice
- Work at both a detailed design level and a strategic level to influence the product roadmap
- Apply best practices to common design challenges
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of industry standards and any advancements in technology
- Create design specifications and other documentation for engineering implementation
- Drive designs from concept to completion to create compelling ad layouts and high-quality graphics
- Conceptualize, strategize, and design a wide range of marketing materials that align with the brand aesthetic
- This role is in the Design team and will report directly to the Director of Design
- Perform other related duties as assigned
ABOUT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- May or may not have a degree...we don’t care (bonus points for Basset Hound Science or Dinosaur Law)
- 5 years of experience in design with at least 3 years specifically in UX design
- Has worked with CPG/hard goods
- Possesses mad design skills
- Asks a lot of questions
- Has a deep understanding of the user experience
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Figma, Shopify, and Adobe Creative Suite is a MUST
- E-commerce is a big part of your life both professionally and personally
- Mad bonus points if you know coding languages
- Familiarity with asana is a BIG plus
- Dependable with the willingness to take the initiative to work collaboratively and with a sense of urgency
- Loves the work more than a paycheck
- Is happy to give away credit to their team
- Loves getting and giving feedback
- Is into personal growth
- Thinks Fun is being great (not partying)
- Is proactive and an independent problem solver! (Can you google a question?)
WHAT YOU GET
- A role at a company that is going to the moon
- The opportunity to show up every day and have fun
- The ability to learn and grow as a person
- Discretionary vacation
- Flexible work environment (want to go for a run at 11am on Wednesday, go for it!)
- Paycheck... obviously. Salary: $100k - $115k, final number depending on experience
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401(K) with company matching
- Financial Wellness Counseling
- Sunglasses. Duh.
**No Visa Sponsorship is available for this position.
Here's what we expect the hiring process for this role to be, should all go well with your candidacy. This entire process is expected to take 8 weeks to complete and you'd be expected to start on a specific date.
2. Fill out a form with basic questions
3. 20 minute introductory meeting with hiring manager
4. 30 minute culture interview with a HR team member
5. 90 minute in-person interviews with peers and manager
6. Final assignment and presentation
TO GET THE PROCESS STARTED, SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
- Cover letter showing your personality. Seriously. No boring corporate speak allowed.
- Links to projects or groups you’re involved with (if you have them)
- A drawing of an octopus fighting a pirate (not joking)