Apply for this job
Who We Are
Plaiday is the first social network built on Generative AI. We’re a venture-backed startup led by a seasoned team of entrepreneurs with multiple exits. Check out more here: https://plaiday.app/
We are looking for a seasoned (Lead) UI/UX designer with proven experience designing premium consumer experiences. As a lead designer you are an exceptional communicator with an innate drive to lead and not afraid to challenge the status-quo. You will be a beacon for the craft of design and a pivotal figure within our organization, constantly speaking up, sharing ideas, and elevating everyone around them.
- Create high-quality assets (portfolio examples required)
- Create and maintain design system libraries in Figma
- Close collaboration with engineering to improve and implement best-in-class UI features
- Own and collaborate on UX/UI explorations for new features and design UX flows, drawing from a deep knowledge of social, game and tooling industry best-practices
- Deliver key design artifacts such as style guides, storyboards, user flows, Figma wireframes, prototypes and finished UI assets
- 6+ years of professional mobile UX/UI experience with emphasis on social media, chat and/or mobile games
- Expert knowledge of Figma and Design Systems
- Deep understanding of common native app patterns and demonstrable understanding of Apple's Human Interface guidelines
- Strong understanding of end user UI/UX best practices and visual design fundamentals
- Outstanding attention to detail and polish, demonstrated in your user-centric portfolio
- Experience owning & driving UI/UX design for major features on released products
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, self-directed, iterative environment
- Portfolio demonstrating strong visual design, including hands-on creation of UI assets shipped for mobile experiences
- NOTE: we will only respond to applicants who meet minimum qualifications and include a portfolio link
- Motion UI Design - creating / prototyping UI animations
- Illustration skills
- User Research experience
- AI & ML Insight: A grasp of the concepts of Machine Learning and Generative AI, and the ways they are being used today (Midjourney, Leonardo.ai, SDXL, etc..)
- Social Experience: An understanding of modern social media engagement, features and the mental models that make up the patterns that make up the big platforms (Insta, TikTok, Snap, etc..)
What We Offer:
Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses.
Stock options in a high-growth startup.
Health, dental, and vision insurance.
A collaborative and innovative work environment.
Opportunities for career advancement and professional growth.
The chance to be part of a dynamic team making a significant impact in the Generative AI space.
Salary is $140-180K DOE