We want you to #JOINTHEREBELLION!
For 30 years we’ve been creating incredible video games at our multiple studios, but Rebellion is more than just games. We have our own film and mo-cap studio, we create board games, publish books, and through 2000AD, publish comics and graphic novels such as the amazing Judge Dredd.
We operate across multiple UK locations, with studios based in Oxford, Warwick, Liverpool, and Wakefield. Work-life balance is important to us, and we want everyone at Rebellion to work in the way that works best for them. So, if you are based in the UK, we are always open to discussing how we can support flexible/hybrid working options.
We are on the lookout for a new UI/UX Designer to join the UI/UX team to work on an unannounced strategic shooter game.
Your job will be to solve complex UX problems for a shooter project with GaaS features. You will work with game designers and UI artists to create intuitive UI designs, helping to implement these in-game using a visual scripting tool set.
You will be skilled with wireframing and prototyping tools and be comfortable using a UX methodology to both define and solve player problems. You will be comfortable working to an existing style guide and be able to translate your ideas into high fidelity art targets using the Adobe suite.
As part of the UI team, you will play a key role in implementing efficient, complex, and beautiful UI, working with multiple disciplines with different experiences from different walks of life. We believe that UI is never solved by a single person or a single point of view and that is why we want the best collaborators so that we can work together to make memorable experiences for us and for our players!
- Design multi-platform UI solutions for input devices
- Work with Design and UI Art to create wireframes and high-fidelity mock-ups.
- Learn to use a visual scripting tool set to implement your designs yourself—be a master of your own destiny!
- Champion usability and accessibility
- Welcome a diverse set of viewpoints from multiple teams, encouraging collaboration wherever possible.
- Build your expertise as you grow as a UI/UX Designer at Rebellion
- Research and solve any UI barriers for players through iteration based on internal feedback.
- Assist with optimisation and debugging to fix the issues raised by testers.
- Portfolio of interaction design showing awareness of UX methodology, wireframing and prototyping.
- Experience championing the player’s perspective, reducing cognitive load and building consistency across a product.
- Desire to learn to implement in engine using a similar visual scripting toolset like Unreal or Unity UMG.
- Portfolio of visual design showing fundamental awareness of hierarchy, typography and composition is desirable.
We offer an extensive benefits package to our team including:
- 26 days holiday + Bank holidays (increasing with service at 5 years – one day each year until you reach 31 days)
- Private Medical Insurance, healthcare cash plan, including dental and Vision
- Life Assurance, Income Protection & Critical Illness Cover
- Enhanced Family Leave
- Interest Free, Tax-Free loans
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- EAP a range of Mental Health and Wellbeing Support
- Plus loads more… including a wide range of discounts, freebies, and social events!
Whichever team you join at Rebellion we are proud of our open, friendly, and creative atmosphere. We love what we do, and we have fun doing it! As a big indie developer, we have complete creative freedom over our titles which allows us to work on a massive variety of projects across all the major platforms.
Find out more about us here
Our size, stability, and the variety of in-house expertise across multiple industries, makes Rebellion completely unique! We work in our own way, and we celebrate that as the key to our success. We foster an inclusive culture where you are encouraged to be yourself, to express your creativity and your talent. We are people focused and will support you in every way to can be the best at what you do. We recognise the importance of enjoying what you do and having a healthy work-life balance. We offer a friendly, creative, and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and a wide variety of benefits and development opportunities for all our teams to ensure you are fully supported with your physical and Mental Well-being.
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to add to our culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas, and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We encourage all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neurodiversity and beyond, because a representative team makes better products.
If you are interested in working at Rebellion, but this role doesn’t sound quite like you, we’re recruiting for a range of positions across the studio and we’re always happy to receive speculative applications via our website. Visit our Careers website to view all our live vacancies: Rebellion: Careers