As a Senior Designer, you will guide the creation and delivery of products and experiences that have a measurable impact on the quality of people’s lives. Working closely with the Head of UX & Design you will be on hand to mentor, guide and help manage a team of designers and researchers. You’ll be collaborating with stakeholders from across the org to align our creative vision and develop our product from scope through to final delivery.
The UX and Design teams sits within Nutmeg’s Product team and is responsible for ensuring the design of all customer journeys. As the Senior Designer, you'll work closely with the Head of UX & Design, the design team, and the wider organisation, to ensure the prioritisation of human centric design within the product development process. You’ll be included in the product ownership and decision-making process from beginning to end. You'll help manage a multidisciplinary team of designers covering all capabilities that ensure we deliver beautiful, engaging, thoughtful products and appropriate outcomes for our customers.
You and the design team will work closely with product owners across the business to develop product strategy and design new and evolving products. You’ll be responsible for driving change within the business to build and sustain the importance of a human-centred design approach.
You'll advocate new ways of working and assist with training people, managing performance and driving career development opportunities for the design team. You’ll be responsible for raising the profile of design both internally and externally.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Co-leading a multidisciplinary team of designers focused on, amongst other design capabilities; Visual Design, UX design, UI design, and ethnographic design research to deliver real customer outcomes.
- Driving the strategy for building the design team and its processes and operations
- Contributing through the design guild to facilitate continual improvement of our core product offering by applying design methods and techniques
- Helping to push colleagues both within and outside the design team to think about problem solving using thoughtful and empathetic design techniques
- Internal and external advocacy of a customer-focused approach to the design of our products and services
- Reviewing and supporting the ongoing work of the team in regular design reviews
- Managing the evolution of our nascent design system, together with the design and engineering team
- Creating solutions and design strategies for new and existing services
- Maintaining a customer-centric vision throughout the product design and development process
- End-to-end management of the design process for new projects, from initiation to optimisation of the digital estate
- Constantly evaluating our design strategy, promoting and implementing new ways of thinking and working
- Executing and delivering the near term strategy for the design team against key business-driven metrics
- Help identify opportunities to run and organise research activities
- Develop junior level team members by identifying career paths, creating development plans, and offering regular mentorship and guidance
- Motivate and inspire team members
- Influence key stakeholders including senior management, product teams, compliance and marketing in your recommendations for change
- Liaising and developing strategic partnerships within the various teams