At Bowery Valuation, our mission is to be the greatest appraisal firm in the world - better in every way. We are passionate about building and optimizing innovative products that empower and delight our expert team of in-house appraisers. We are looking for an outstanding Product Designer who possess a strong understanding of the product development process, and is enthusiastic about distilling complex problems into thoughtful experiences across a suite of digital products.
Our Design team is continuing to advance their product design process, while building a department that values strong collaboration and thought-leadership. Our team, and our company, are growing rapidly - and we are committed to creating a tight-knit environment that fosters trust, empathy, and integrity.
As a part of our design team, you will have the opportunity to utilize a wide range of product, interaction, and visual design skills throughout a highly-iterative, user-centered design process.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to high-level strategic planning with stakeholders to define early product concepts and initiatives towards our 2020 Vision.
- Work alongside other designers, and in tandem with our Product team to identify user-research opportunities, conduct regular usability tests, and draw insights from both qualitative and quantitative datasets.
- Effectively communicate design concepts to the larger team and collaborate heavily with product managers and engineers to iterate towards that vision.
- Inspire what's possible by quickly producing multiple concepts and knowing when to apply attention to detail, and when to make lo-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Quickly grasp complex problems and develop elegant but practical design solutions that translate into intuitive user experiences.
- Work within and build upon our existing design system.
- Provide, and invite, constructive feedback to and from other designers to continuously elevate the quality of our products.
What you’ll bring:
- 2+ years of relevant design experience.
- A self-starter mentality and experience taking ownership of projects with limited direction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to clearly communicate design rational.
- Passion for designing intuitive and compelling user experiences, with a robust understanding of user-centered design principles.
- Strong ability to identify problems, map user-flows, and translate lo-fi sketches into hi-fi prototypes using Figma, Sketch, or other similar design tools.
- UI and visual design capabilities.
- Excellent time-management skills, and the ability to execute on multiple projects with overlapping timelines.
- An eagerness to collaborate and build relationships with other teams in the company, including Engineering, Product Management, Sales, and Operations.
It’s a plus if you also have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design, Human Interaction Design or a design related field.
- Experience designing for SaaS or enterprise software.
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, Vanilla JS, and React.js.
- An online portfolio with case studies highlighting; SaaS or enterprise software design, mobile design, analytical decision-making, and strategic thinking.
Perks at Bowery:
- Medical, vision, and dental coverage.
- Flex-time and paid-time-off.
- Paid, gender-neutral parental leave.
- $500 experience bonus (each year employees receive up to $500 to spend on a new experience of their choice).
- $1,000 professional development allowance (each year, employees receive up to $1,000 to spend on workshops, courses, books, etc.).
- Monthly company lunches.
- Company events: Happy Hours, Women at Bowery, and more.
In addition to your resume/cv, please share links to any relevant past work, a personal portfolio or website, and anything else you would like us to take into consideration.