UX / UI Designer
CaseWare has been a global leader in expert technology solutions for finance and accounting, governance, risk and audit professionals for more than 30 years. With over 400,000 users in 150 countries and 16 languages, CaseWare solutions are the backbone of finance and audit professionals everywhere.
Internal Audit Working Papers Team:
The IAWP (Internal Audit Working Papers) team at CaseWare is a small but growing team which functions like a startup within CaseWare. We’re looking for a team member who values:
- True individual ownership and responsibility over tasks
- Listening and receiving feedback from customers and teams
- Analyzing design decisions and translating them to non-designers
- Wanting to work on and solve complex user requirements
- Taking their work seriously, but not taking themselves too seriously
Joining a team in the early days, working on a relatively new product, is a pretty amazing experience. You’ll have the opportunity to level-up in your career and make meaningful contributions that will have an impact. We are lean, we are smart, and we live for balance – there are no mandatory 60-hour work weeks here.
What You’ll Be Doing:
You’ll be the primary designer for the IAWP product working alongside industry experts, the product team, and developers with support from other designers at Caseware when you need it. You’ll be responsible for taking business and user requirements and creating user flows, wireframes, and hi-fi designs.
You don’t need to have a lot of experience however, we expect that you will attract our attention with your talent and potential. Read on for our ideal candidate qualities.
- Knowledge about traditional design tools (from pen and paper to Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator and any other tool that you prefer to use)
- Basic knowledge of user experience best practices
- An ability to demonstrate a portfolio of work
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to learn and participate actively in product development
- Ability to take feedback and iterate upon it
- Experience working as a Junior UX/UI Designer in current or past roles
- Experience in developing user interfaces for software applications
- Experience working in an agile environment
The Interview Process:
1. We’ll answer any questions you may have about the role.
2. Our talent team will give you a call and do a phone screen.
3. We’ll invite you into our office for an in-person interview and to meet the IAWP hiring managers.
4. You’ll run through an assessment at home which can take anywhere from 60 - 90 minutes.
5. We’ll invite you back into our office for a final in-person interview and to meet the IAWP team.
5. We present you with an offer!
First, we'll focus on the human side of things and answer any questions you may have. From there, we'll provide an opportunity for those that exhibit a high potential to be successful in our environment for an in-person interview with some of the IAWP team. Assuming you're one of our finalists, we'll be sure to give you a tour of the office and introduce you to your future teammates.
At the heart of CaseWare is our unique culture, which lays the foundation for who we are, what we do, and where we are going. In this digital age, driving innovation involves transforming the way people think and act. With this in mind, Caseware is committed to three core values—Community, Excellence, and Innovation. These values support our vision, informs our culture, our behavior and enables us to provide our clients with greater efficiency, quality, and value.
To give you an idea of what we mean, here are our core values:
- Have fun creating great customer experiences
- Your work is a reflection of you
- Celebrate us all the time
- Ego is the enemy
- Impossible – What’s that?
- S* happens – adjust and learn
- Don’t be afraid of chaos and discomfort
- Do what you say & say what you mean
- Give abundantly to your family, team and communities
Note: If you have a cover letter to submit, we would love to know what excites about this role and how it fits in your career goals.