Conservation X Labs
Location: Washington DC (preferred)
About Conservation X Labs - conservationxlabs.com
Conservation X Labs (CXL) applies technology, entrepreneurship, and open innovation to source, develop, and scale critical solutions to the underlying drivers of the Sixth Mass Extinction. We believe good ideas can come from anyone and anywhere and use a variety of tools to leverage the collective genius of the world to address the extinction crisis.
Humans have driven the sixth mass extinction. Humans have the power to reverse it.
CXL seeks a highly-motivated, experienced and proven freelance UX Designer to help us design a new social innovation platform to address the extinction crisis. This new platform will serve as a digital marketplace to bring leaders of world changing ideas together with capable volunteers to execute project tasks. These collaborations aim to improve and accelerate the delivery of impactful solutions to address the extinction crisis.
We welcome applications from individuals who are excited to get in on the ground floor of an ambitious platform project to enable social innovation for the planet. Conservation X Labs is an optimistic, creative, and dynamic start-up, looking for smart, iconoclastic, impact-oriented, intensively curious, driven polymaths, with a deep passion for technology and conservation.
3 month initial contract, with a likelihood of future extensions
- You’ll collaborate with the product team, senior stakeholders, and developers, to design experiences that attract, inspire, educate and ultimately solve real problems for our users and the business.
- You will play a critical part in designing holistic user experiences that translate across web and mobile.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead the product design process for UI/VD/UX from ideation to launch
- Facilitate brainstorming workshops and run design walkthroughs with a variety of stakeholders, communicating design rationale clearly and effectively
- Create user stories, personas, and storyboards
- Determine information architecture and create sitemaps
- Create prototypes, wireframes and designs
- Proactively seek out product specific qualitative and quantitative data
Skills and Requirements
- 5+ years of experience designing for web and mobile
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong sense of mobile, web, and interaction design fundamentals
- Strong understanding of UX/UI best practices and technology and stays up to date with the latest trends and cutting edge approaches
- A user-centric mindset and champion of the user in all product decisions
- Proficiency in at least one industry design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, InVision, Figma, Adobe InDesign, Adobe XD, Illustrator, Zeplin, or OmniGraffle
- Business know-how: Understanding of business metrics and the ability to translate company goals and objectives into digital experiences
- Must have a portfolio showcasing your work
- You're a generalist whose creativity follows them like a shadow. You love to make the complicated appear simple.
- You proactively collaborate with developers.
- You love product design and branding and how they are intertwined.
- You obsess over details, but don't lose sight of the bigger picture.
- You’ve got your finger on the pulse of the latest UXD and tech trends.
- You are motivated and a self-starter.
- You may have experience working in small product teams, particularly startups or nonprofits, like Conservation X Labs.
- Ideally, you want to use your skills to help save the planet and design tech that facilitates solutions to environmental problems in the world.
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the position you’re applying for in the subject. Please include examples of your work, or a link to your portfolio. If you advance to the interview stage, we may also ask to speak to previous clients.
The deadline to apply is Tuesday, March 10, 2020, though you are strongly encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.