RigUp is changing the way work is done in the energy industry. Each one of our teams exists to move us closer to our north star -- “to empower the people who power the world.” The Product & Design team at RigUp is building a platform of products and services to better serve the evolving needs of the people working in energy. On this team, Product Design is responsible for crafting experiences that enable our customers to do what they do best with greater efficiency, less complexity and at lower costs.
RigUp is hiring a researcher to explore ideas, markets, and strategies to inform and influence the vision of the platform. This person will build an understanding of the lived experience of the people who use our platform, as well as deliver actionable insights that shape how we do business. Does this sound like you? Keep reading!
What you'll be doing:
- Work closely with product teams and other researchers to identify and prioritize research questions; create your own research roadmap
- Design and conduct user research studies, large and small scale, and work with product teams to leverage those insights
- Advise product designers on evaluative research plans
- Plan and facilitate workshops and training sessions with cross-functional stakeholders
What you should have:
- Strong collaboration, communication and presentation skills
- A pragmatic approach to the application of research
- Proven ability to conduct research (5+ years) and experience coaching others in planning and conducting their own studies
- Experience with autonomy and independent decision making to weigh tradeoffs and balance demands
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid employee health insurance for employee
- Daily catered meals
- Competitive commuter benefits
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
- Career development opportunities + partial reimbursement for ongoing education
- $2,000 vacation stipend on your 3 year anniversary
RigUp is a technology company that's building a platform to better support the energy workforce. Through the industry’s largest marketplace, we’re improving the lives of contractors and helping service providers and operators find the people who will get the job done. Headquartered in Austin, TX, and backed by a16z, Founder’s Fund, Quantum Energy Partners, and Silicon Valley Bank, we’ve raised $423.8 Million in funding to support our mission to change the way work is done in the energy field.
Our goal is to make RigUp an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!