Senior UX Researcher
About FREE NOW
The FREE NOW Group is the ride-hailing and multimodal vertical of the mobility joint venture from the BMW Group and the Daimler AG. It consists of the ride-hailing services FREE NOW (formerly mytaxi, ten European markets), beat (Greece and 5 Latin American markets) and kapten (3 European markets) as well as the micro-mobility service hive (E-Scooters and E-Bikes). The FREE NOW Group currently operates in more than 150 cities across Europe and Latin America and serves more than 40 million passengers and over 900.000 drivers. FREE NOW works with 2.100 employees from 75 nations in 35 offices. Marc Berg is CEO of the FREE NOW Group, Eckart Diepenhorst is responsible for the operational business of the FREE NOW service as CEO FREE NOW Europe.
What's the opportunity?
FREE NOW is hiring a Senior UX Researcher to work with our Next mobility team and help shape the future of mobility. Focusing on fast discovery, we are aiming to build a sustainable mobility experience integrating multiple services in our platform. In this role you will lead research efforts partnering with cross functional teams in an environment that values and understands good design.
The UX Research team seeks to improve product value throughout the entire customer experience by understanding the how and why people move. In order to do this we provide research at every stage of the product development cycle. As a UX Researcher you are responsible for a product tribe along side a cross-functional team and operations teams in our European target markets.
If you are passionate about the craft and process of building world-class products, helping your peers to grow, and solving real problems for our users, you’ll fit right in.
What’s the job?
- Gather and prioritise key questions from product, design, engineering, and operation teams and develop hypotheses examining users’ behaviors, needs, and attitudes.
- Plan and conduct studies using a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative UX Research methods including surveys, interviews, diary studies and usability studies.
- Work closely with your UX Research team in our offices in Berlin, Hamburg and Barcelona to create global understanding.
- Identify the why of what we observed, synthesize findings utilizing results from Usage Data and User Surveys, and communicate research results to the appropriate stakeholders in an engaging and actionable manner to amplify their impact.
- Evangelize tools and best practices to empower product managers, designers and developers to conduct research, and mentor or coach other user researchers.
- 5+ years of experience in a UX research role.
- Experience testing mobile apps and web, and you can understand what it takes to deliver a highly local product in European markets.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
- Experience managing projects involving cross-functional teams.
- Comfortable planning, scoping, conducting, analyzing and communicating research.
- Ability to think big and understand complex feature sets.
- Strong storyteller and communicator, able to speak fluently to business people, designers, engineers and other stakeholders.
- You are confident to carry out research in both English and German, proficiency in other languages (polish, french, spanish, portuguese) is a plus.