At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for an experienced User Experience Researcher to join our team. You’ll partner with Product Management, Design, Data Science, Operations, and Engineering to obtain deep insights about our users’ behaviors and attitudes, and to communicate results and recommendations across the company. You’ll get creative about new areas, test concepts as they are being developed, and evaluate products and services once they’ve rolled out.
You are a flexible team player that excels in an energetic working environment. You are also comfortable working closely with passionate designers, product managers, and engineers that care deeply about creating experiences that bring people together.
- Design and conduct studies across important product areas, using methods such as ethnographic/field research, diary studies, surveys, user/usability testing (remote and in-person), ideation workshops, and any other methods you find impactful
- Review, analyze, and communicate qualitative and quantitative data to produce strategic insights, and applicable recommendations which guide product and service decisions and design improvements for users
- Partner with our quantitative UX and data science partners to provide qualitative context for their quantitative insights
- Find creative ways to produce, present, and promote results and recommendations throughout the company, to help cultivate an informed, more engaging, and more empathetic team
- 3+ years of experience with Product organizations conducting ux research studies including both qualitative and quantitative methods such as usability/user testing, surveys, and in-context interviews
- Undergraduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a related field OR comparable UX research experience
- Ability to speak to and educate teams about user research
- Experience independently leading projects from planning through delivery
- Excellent story-telling abilities and presentation skills
- Enthusiasm for a team-oriented, collaborative, energetic, and fun environment
- Comfort with ambiguous, complex problems
- Bonus points
- Graduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a related field
- Background in search, routing, location-based services, situation awareness, and/or behavioral science
- Able to communicate in a language other than English
- Experience leading research on mobile platforms
- Understand behavioral analysis and statistical concepts
- Design thinking methods and brainstorm facilitation
- Visual, information design, and wireframing skills
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.