This role is a dynamic hybrid of product design (UX) and driving Proprio’s overall medical device research and validation strategy (Usability & Efficacy) which acts as the foundation towards our overall 510K device strategy to market. You will be responsible for interfacing with product design, engineering, marketing and the executive team on a constant basis, as well interfacing with expert stakeholders (surgeons, surgical staff, administration and regulatory boards). Critical to the role is facilitating internal and external workflow and product validation studies, as well as partnering with multiple medical IRBs to collaboratively drive the overall validation and verification of the Proprio system and user experience.
- Ability to thrive in a start-up environment, embracing ambiguity, and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to leave a positive impact on a courageous and curious team, while fostering an environment of inclusion.
- Lead our organization strategy for building User and Product Experience Research capabilities and culture.
- Creating a unified Research program strategy and roadmap.
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, user feedback both verbally and visually. Work closely with product teams to identify research topics, drive workflow and clinical research studies.
- Partner and drive working with medical device / regulatory research partners / boards.
- Experience designing and facilitating IRB studies that comply with regulatory practices and needs to best drive product efficacy, execution and quality, Design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes
- Partner with engineers, analysts, and other technical roles to create and share researchOrganize and drive the internal Proprio Surgical Residency Research program.
- BA/MA/MS in Cognitive/Experimental/Social Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Human Factors, or a related field
- Previous Design Research experience including qualitative interviews and evaluation of users’ experiences8+ years in user experience research, design research, product research or equivalent (i.e. hands on) so that you have successes and failures to draw upon
- Excellent communication skills, particularly around presentation and storytelling
- Analytical, project management, and problem-solving experience
- You can lean on design and research standards, but you love to experiment and move quickly.
- Medical device and/or clinical trial experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to balance and manage multiple projects, working with a range of stakeholders
- Strong experience in a collaborative setting where customers and research are the priority
- Demonstrated experience synthesizing and summarizing insights, storytelling and reporting through various tools
- A passion for user-centered design and the users’ experience, with a thorough knowledge of the product design process
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; both written and verbal
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Website or directly to managers. Proprio does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Proprio will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Proprio.