Ecommerce UX Designer
PAX Labs is an award-winning consumer technology brand with a mission to establish cannabis as a force for good. Our products set a high bar for quality and, together with the PAX App, offer unique features such as safety locking, adjustable temperature and draw control. As millions of consumers try cannabis for the first time or return to it after a long hiatus, PAX believes that quality, transparency and predictability are the keys to safe, responsible use by adults.
Headquartered in San Francisco, PAX is backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global and Tao Invest (Pritzker family fund). We are an exceptional team with hardware and software backgrounds in consumer technology, healthcare, and biotech, and are growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. Our internal culture values diversity, integrity, having an impact, and passion for the larger movement that PAX is a part of.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The User Experience Designer will be a key member of the Ecommerce team in our SF headquarters, responsible for the development and launch of features that help users navigate the cannabis space and our products to have even more control over their experiences. This role requires a high level of collaboration across Design, Product (B2C and B2B), Engineering, Brand Marketing, Performance Marketing, Sales, and Customer Support.
- Participate in all aspects of the design research process to frame problems, define insights and create compelling visions
- Partner with Product and Engineering to balance technical, business, and customer requirements while applying a user-centric design approach
- Organize research and product information into coherent user flows, interaction designs, interactive prototypes, visual design mocks and specifications
- Assist the engineering team throughout feature implementation, providing all necessary visual assets, styling attributes, etc.
- Engage with customers and learn quickly through research and iterative prototyping
- Leverage and contribute to the maintenance of a technical style guide
- Contribute to the integration of shopping and device usage behavior with the Web App team
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a Product Design / UX / UI role designing for ecommerce experiences on web and mobile (title and compensation will be commensurate with experience).
- Strong strategic thinking and communication skills
- Proven ability to solve problems and design strong solutions at a systems level
- High proficiency in Sketch, OmniGraffle, Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar design tools
- High proficiency in InVision and Zeplin
- Experience working within the Material guidelines and principles
- A positive, “can do” attitude and willingness to learn or take on new challenges
- Experience working in the consumer electronics space (bonus)
- Ability to create beautiful, motion-based graphics and animations (bonus)
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, or equivalent experience
** PAX LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:**
- Competitive compensation, equity & bi-annual performance reviews
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401K plan
- Generous PTO policy
- Paid Parental Leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Employee Purchase Program for discounted PAX devices
- Weekly catered lunch, endless snacks and beverages
- Dog Friendly HQ in the Mission District of San Francisco
- Employee Assistance Program including access to online legal support