Senior UX/UI Designer
Senior UX/UI (Product) Designer
Plan A is looking for a positive, environmentally-friendly and experienced senior UX designer to oversee the design development of our new carbon emissions reduction software.
Goals and Objectives
The UI/UX Designer will be responsible for balancing customer frictions and needs with our business goals, market viability and technical feasibility. You will drive the development of Plan A’s overall product design activities and processes. The design challenge is to innovate and update the laborious data collection process, transform complex data into beautiful visualisations and ideate on ways in which we can further encourage our customers to take action and lower their carbon emissions. You’ll create both functional and appealing features that address our clients’ needs and help us grow our customer base!
Plan A believes that companies have the power to pave the way to a more sustainable future for our world. We exist to help companies build a carbon-neutral and sustainable economy. We do this by providing a digital platform for companies to reduce their environmental impact, engage their employees, and drive their own agenda towards carbon neutrality.
We have developed the first Emissions Reduction Software which allows businesses to calculate, monitor and reduce their carbon footprint on a monthly basis. The software provides personalised sustainability action plans and sustainable development focused offsetting scheme that responds to the companies carbon footprint analysis.
The technology behind our software uses over 305,000 data points to provide the most efficient and accurate path to sustainability for companies. We continue to add both public and private data to our model so that companies have access to the most accurate and optimised plans on their journey towards sustainability.
Role and Responsibilities
- Hands on delivery of concepts, personas, user journeys, system maps, wireframes and prototypes in Figma (This is our main prototype tool)
- Conduct user research tests and translate findings into iterative product solutions
- Work closely with engineers to realise the product design
- Build and maintain design systems to further develop the product brand identity
- Ideate and follow through with design solutions for new features based on user feedback and business goals
The Senior UX/UI designer reports to the Head of Design, CTO, and the CEO of the company.
- Several years experience as a UX/UI designer, Product Designer, Interaction Designer or similar UX related role for a digital products company
- An outstanding portfolio demonstrating user-centered design, problem solving skills and attention to detail
- A strong understanding of design thinking
- A track record for simplifying difficult processes to intuitive interfaces
- Confidence in communicating your ideas in English. German is preferred and a third language is a plus!
- A sincere dedication to environmental action!
- Access to online learning platforms (e.g. Masterclass)
- Team outings (two weeks/year)
- Monthly team dinner
- Access to Yoga & meditation services at work-place.
- Access to fitness activities (e.g. Urban sports club)
- Optional home office (once/month)
How to Apply
Please apply by April 15 2020 by sending a short cover letter, a CV and portfolio of selected works to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title: ‘Application for UX/UI designer’. We are looking forward to your application. There is no plan B for the planet!