Product Designer, UX/UI
Bombas is a comfort focused apparel brand with a mission to help those in need. The company launched in 2013, after the founders learned that socks are the #1 most requested clothing item at homeless shelters. From there, they set out to solve that problem, donating a pair of socks for every pair they sell. How do you donate a lot of socks? You sell a lot. And how do you sell a lot? You make the most comfortable socks in the history of feet. Over thirty million pairs sold and donated later, Bombas is continuing to innovate with new socks and apparel while creating a positive impact on the community where we all work and live.
At Bombas, comfort is heavily rooted in our DNA. While striving to provide comfort for all, we welcome and celebrate minds from all backgrounds regardless of age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, religion and/or ethnicity. We highly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Come as you are and we’ll welcome you to the Hive.
About the Job:
We are looking for an eager, hard working, and detail-oriented team player to join our digital product team as a Product Designer, UX/UI, reporting directly to our Senior Product Designer, UX/UI. The ideal candidate has 2-3 years of experience crafting and delivering functional, elegant, and delightful digital experiences using the combination of your design sense, user feedback, quantitative insights, and industry standards. This is an opportunity to partner with research, analytics, product managers, engineering, creative, and other product designers to own a large part of the user experience and grow your skills.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Roll your sleeves up and operate from end-to-end. From research and brainstorming to creating user flows, prototypes, final designs, and shipped code. You will have a role in every step of the design process.
- Build empathy for our customers. Understand their wants and needs and help build the vision for how to improve our shopping experience across all devices, while balancing technology, brand, and business goals.
- Maintain and contribute to our design system to ensure an efficient design and development process and one coherent experience.
- Be a champion for quality and the guardian of the details. Help your team understand and appreciate the impact of good design and what it takes to make it happen.
What we’ll love about you:
- You have a strong portfolio showcasing your UX design process and visual design skills.
- You work to understand not just the what but also the why.
- You facilitate and foster a user first design approach within your team.
- You are able to create simple solutions for complex problems that are functional, elegant, and on brand.
- You are fluent in design, prototyping, and handoff tools like Sketch, Figma, Principal, and Zeplin.
- You have experience with responsive web design.
- You believe in our mission and understand the importance of giving-back.
- You’re curious, humble, and willing to try, fail, learn, and try again.
- A team player who is willing and happy to help
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Belief in our mission and understand the importance of giving-back
- Inquisitive, love to learn, embrace failure, and never give up
- Comfortable working in an open office environment while staying focused
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- You name your layers : )
What you’ll love about us:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- We offer competitive compensation, employer paid health, medical and dental benefits, 401k with match, paid parental leave, snacks, socks and a fun, relaxed office environment.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
- We value fun. This is why we host office lunches, offsite team outings, and two annual company retreats.
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping those in need, which is why we volunteer as a team regularly.
- We believe success comes from the collective effort of all, which is why all full-time employees receive equity in the business.
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees. This includes unlimited vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world.
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a $100 monthly health and wellness reimbursement.
What you’ll bring:
- 2+ years experience shipping digital products that customers love.
- HCI, Psychology, Visual Design, or UX Design education is preferred but not required.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any employment testing, or otherwise participating in this hiring process, please direct your inquiries to our Director of Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.