Contract Product Designer (12 months)
Cape Town and/or Remote
Head of Product Design
Over puts the power to inspire the world, build a business, or grow your brand – in the palm of your hand. You can create impactful visual content in just a few taps, with no design experience necessary. We've also recently joined forces with GoDaddy on its mission to radically shift the global economy toward life-fulfilling independent ventures.
At Over we believe that Creativity is the magical act of making change happen.
It’s the power to reinvent yourself and the sorcery of making something out of nothing.
It's also the terror of a blank page; a rough destination with no directions.
But with the right tools, creativity turns any obstacle course into a playground.
So we take the hard parts out, so our users can focus on the joy of making change happen
Our users are ambitious, driven, and highly creative go-getters, entrepreneurs and dreamers, and we make it our mission to ensure they’re equipped with the tools and knowledge to make their mark on the world – whatever that may be.
We have an incredibly talented team of inspiring individuals, who have worked tirelessly to make Over into the wonderful product it is today. Together, we’re inspiring the world to create, one design at a time.
We’re an award winning (yes! You read that right - we’re one of Apple’s 2019 apps of the year in the ‘Storytelling Simplified’ category) with a distributed team spanning a wide range of locations – and we’re constantly growing.
At Over, we live and breathe these values – and they show up in everything we do:
- Go big and go home – good products come from the heart, and good hearts come from healthy homes and minds.
- Growth is at the heart of everything we do – we proactively learn whatever is necessary to build a truly great product and company.
- We say “thank you”. Like, a lot. For big things, small things, old things and new things. Our #gratitude Slack channel is a constant reminder we’re an overwhelmingly grateful bunch.
- Inspire – not just our users, but each other. On any given day, you’ll learn something new, hear a great story, feel empowered, get a hug, or a high five. It’s just how it goes.
- We are resilient – we embrace failure, celebrate spills, and recover quickly from a punch to the throat. It happens.
- We see it big, and keep it simple – clearly visualizing the future, but keeping an eye on the details, and breaking it down into tiny habits, actions and experiments.
We have an audacious goal to establish Over as the global must-have digital content creation platform and you help execute this vision and promote Over to the world.
We’re looking for a Product Designer to join Over’s design team. You will be an integral part of every stage of the process: from research to delivery, you will be defining the UI and UX design throughout, while also being involved in the product strategy and help get it to market.
You should have a passion for simple and superior design, be passionate about user feedback and love building products that win in market.
- Research and communication - develop a deep understanding of our users’ goals, workflows and pain points, through conducting user research and running workshops.
- Low fidelity & High fidelity prototyping - conduct prototyping to create delightful and superior experiences for our users.
- User interface design - implement a world class user experience with a consistent visual language.
- Art direction - Work collaboratively with our engineering team to deliver your solutions as you intended.
Skills, Competencies, and Experience:
- 5+ years of professional experience in a designer role.
- A portfolio demonstrating outstanding UX solutions and compelling visual design.
- Strong understanding of information architecture, and usability principles.
- Experience creating user journeys, personas, flow diagrams, wireframes and prototypes.
- Experience with responsive development and frameworks.
- Proven experience working on large-scale design systems, such as Material design.
- Ability to extend visual systems and brand guidelines across products/channels.
- Proficiency in Sketch, Adobe CC Suite.
- Proficiency in InVision and/or other prototyping tools.
- A solid understanding of web technologies as they apply to UI and UX design.
- Native mobile (iOS) experience.
- Motion graphics experience is a plus!
- Emotionally intelligent.
- Voracious learner.
- Good communication skills.
- Good organization skills.
- Friendly and outgoing.
- Detail oriented.
- A self-starter.