Shopify has redefined commerce by raising the standard for how businesses of all sizes sell their products and services. To help power 1,000,000+ merchants in more than 175 different countries. Shopify is always growing and finding new ways to create more value for commerce businesses around the world.
The Online store team is composed of designers, researchers, content strategists, developers and data scientists, all working to empower our merchants to have an online store that reflects the vision they have for their business. To do so, we develop the themes that merchants can choose from to design their stores, and the editor in which they can customize those themes to offer end consumers a seamless online shopping experience.
We’re looking for a senior user experience leader who can define and own the UX vision and execution for this product group. You’ll help us scale the team while raising the quality bar as we focus on delivering an exceptional product experience. You’ll work with leaders in other disciplines to improve our practices and accelerate velocity.We need someone who can develop opinions using research insights, data, and experience, and is comfortable defining goals, direction and strategy. At Shopify, leaders thrive on change and operate on trust, leveraging the diverse perspectives of the people on their team in everything they do.
- Leading UX for our Online Store Tools product group by enabling and empowering your team to ship exceptional user experiences
- Working as a strategic partner with leadership in Engineering and Product Management to define the overall strategy and direction for the group
- Developing baseline knowledge in all our UX disciplines (Research, Design, Content Strategy, and UX Development), as well as deep domain expertise in ecommerce
- Growing a culture of building and shipping with speed, consistency, and quality. We have immediate needs to deliver value to our users today while setting ourselves and our merchants up for long term success
- Leading your teams in a fast-moving environment while supporting team members in their growth and development
Requirements for the role
- Expert knowledge of the end-to-end iterative product design process
- Experience leading teams of teams in a multidisciplinary UX environment. Ours includes research, design, UX development, and content strategy
- Experience leading and growing managers and other leaders
- Deep experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes across a design, content strategy, and research while working with cross-functional teams including development, and product management
- A deep empathy for the user and a desire to learn as much as possible about how they use Shopify
- Excellent communication, coaching and storytelling skills; you can grow your team’s ability to communicate the “why” to stakeholders
If you want to help Shopify shape the future of commerce, hit the “Apply now” button to submit your application. We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time.
Closing date: Friday, May 22 at 12pm EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.