Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
Digital Products is a dynamic team of product, technology and design specialists who are passionate about the Brooks Running customer. We’re growing our team with people who share our enthusiasm for creating the best experience for runners. As a UX Designer, you’ll work closely with cross-functional teams on digital products that span the globe. You will work side by side with a talented team of business owners, Product Managers, and Web Developers in an agile environment to design experiences that meet runners’ needs and company objectives. This role also provides ample opportunity to collaborate with our Marketing and eCommerce partners and add value by applying UX best practices to world class digital promotions, merchandising, and brand design work.The ideal candidate excels at using data, customer feedback, UX best practices, and competitive analysis to create user/process flows, Information Architecture, and interaction design. You should be as comfortable with data and research as you are with designing, prototyping, and presenting. You will have an opportunity to stretch your skills and increase the influence of UX across the Brooks digital platforms. Exceptional communication skills are an essential skill in this role.
- Collaborate with the UX team, Creative team, Product Managers, and Web Developers to create seamless user experiences and interfaces based on eCommerce best practices, user research, technical requirements, and business needs.
- Create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, mockups, and design specifications.
- Plan and conduct user research and present study findings to cross-functional teams.
- Maintain and contribute to an established design pattern library.
- Act as a subject matter expert and advocate for the user and for the importance of good design standards/practices across the organization.
- Promote customer perspectives with research, data and insights.
- Work effectively with external vendors and across internal teams.
- Portfolio showcasing skills that demonstrate your experience in the human-centered design process, ability to deliver exceptional interaction and visual designs, and system-thinking expertise. Please add your online portfolio link at the top of your resume when applying.
- Bachelor's degree in User-Centered Design, Interaction Design, Visual Design, or related field.
- 3+ years of UX design experience.
- Experience in conducting UX research and synthesizing insights.
- Experience working across a variety of brands and experiences in the digital space (eCommerce experience preferred).
- Experience designing within established brand guidelines.
- Experience with using and maintaining design systems and patterns.
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience working on a multidisciplinary team delivering iterative product enhancements.
- Expert proficiency with common design and prototyping tools (Adobe Suite, Sketch, InVision).
- Understanding of web performance and optimizations best practices.
- Has a general understanding of HTML/CSS.
- Lives a Run Happy lifestyle.
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.