Lead Product Designer
Think of the software that is so fundamental to the way people work that they could not imagine doing their job without it. Sketch and Adobe for designers; JIRA for engineers; PowerPoint for Biz Ops.
As the Lead Product Designer at Convex, you will help us redefine the way millions of Americans are selling and providing services to buildings in the US - think janitorial, fire life safety, elevators, HVAC. You’ll be an early hire working closely with the founding team and early employees to establish the design system for years to come.
Beautiful designs make the complex simple. Our product, Atlas, abstracts the maddening complexity of commercial property data and each of our customer’s bespoke workflows to a product with Gmail like simplicity – the only product of its kind in the market.
Our flagship product, Atlas, supercharges our users’ work by providing them with prepopulated information on virtually every commercial property in the country and the software to organize their work. This is a secret weapon for our users who serve these locations; nothing like this is available in the market today (and it shows in our metrics).
We are building a consumer grade quality enterprise product. We have been design oriented from the beginning and our customers rave about the product’s quality and aesthetics.
- Lead product design across all Convex product platforms and outward communication from ideation to execution
- Build a system-wide design language for the Convex product ecosystem designing flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals for features
- Be responsible for shaping Convex’s user experience within the Convex product–designing experiences that help service businesses find properties and manage their work
- Operate as equal parts product and communications designer. You’ll also be responsible for designing the product collateral that Convex puts out into the world
You will be a great fit if...
- You want to build and own a product and the experience around it. When you see a challenge that means something to you–you take the reins and tackle it
- You get energy from working closely with a team and you thrive in a fast-paced environment where things change quickly
- You’ve been through the lifecycle of building products several times–developing research-driven design for desktop and mobile applications. You love launching v1 products
- You have startup experience as a visual + UX designer and you are an expert in user experience, interactive, and communications design
- You are skilled with Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, and other design tools
- You have a fantastic portfolio with work that showcases a foundation in Typography, Interaction and Visual Design (please include link to online portfolio)
- You have great perseverance and work ethic. You roll up your sleeves to do whatever needs to be done
At Convex (YC W19), we’re building the leading B2B full-stack software platform for the $400bn+ commercial services market. It's a 100-year-old industry impacting millions of people every day. We already work with some of the largest enterprise companies in the sector and were one of the fastest growing companies in the Winter 2019 YC batch. Our team is a unique mix of industry veterans from Carrier, Siemens, and Honeywell as well as founders from MIT, Harvard, and Georgia Tech. Based in San Francisco, our investors include Emergence Capital, 1984 Ventures, UP2398, Liquid2 (Joe Montana), YCombinator, the founders of PlanGrid, and others.