The Hut Group
About The Hut Group:
THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
Technology is at the heart of the business, core to the growth and internationalisation of all brands that sit under the THG umbrella. Our platform currently supports 177 international sites, in 47 different languages and 23 payment methods. From hosting, all the way through to logistics, we power it all through efficient and scalable technology which has been developed in house! With 600 technologists globally, we are squarely focussed on bigger ideas with innovation, creativity and outside of the box thinking. We look for individuals with a passion for creating robust and cutting-edge systems that help our business’ and our clients grow their ecommerce presence.
Skills and Responsibilities:
As a UX Designer you will be responsible for designing best in class experiences for The Hut Group’s customer facing websites and internal tools. You will work with other UX designers, Product Owners, Researchers, Data Analysts and Developers on the full life cycle of a product, from research and concept through to hi-fidelity design, development and testing.
UX designers are required to have a degree or similar in a related subject with comparable industry experience in a UX Design role and have case studies or a portfolio that demonstrates their design process.
- You should have a good understanding of responsive web site design and development best practice.
- Create customer centric solutions alongside business requirements.
- Follow a user centered approach, ensuring research is used to inform design decisions, and shape solutions.
- Perform thorough heuristic & competitor reviews to identify potential opportunities to guide future design decisions.
- Gather and understand business requirements to better inform design thinking and final solutions.
- Create sketches, sitemaps, user journeys, wireframes and prototypes across multiple devices and platforms.
- Use collaborative techniques to involve the whole project team in design
- Work with researchers to conduct usability studies in-line with research principles to gain further insight into proposed designs.
- Engage with managers and stakeholders to set and manage expectations.
- Playback and rationalise design solutions to immediate team and wider business stakeholders at multiple levels.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with immediate and wider teams to successfully drive the implementation of design.
- Be a positive, collaborative and active member of the wider UX team
- Be comfortable facilitating workshops e.g empathy mapping and ideation workshops.
- Be proficient in Sketch
We'd love it if you tick the majority of these boxes:
- Keen desire to continue to learn and develop their skills in UX design
- Understanding and ideally have experience of Agile & Waterfall as delivery methods
- Knowledge of e-commerce
- Confidently express your opinions
- Be passionate about technology
- Plan and estimate projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good presentation skills to both technical and non-technical teams
What we offer:
- Competitive salary plus bonus
- Good team culture – away days
- Staff Benefits
- State of the art offices in multiple locations (Media City and Manchester Airport)
- Purpose-built office currently being built (biggest HQ in the North)
- Company pension & staff discounts for all our brands
- Opportunities for promotion