User Experience Researcher
Our mission is simple: to make personalized skincare accessible and convenient for all. Awarded one of Inc's Best Workplaces 2019 and 2020 Forbes #8 Startup Company, Curology is a leader in direct-to-consumer ecommerce and has been featured in Vogue, Allure, Harper’s Bazaar, and Business Insider.
Curology is creating the next generation of skincare through customized treatment plans and formulas with powerful prescription ingredients for acne and anti-aging. We believe great skin shouldn’t be a luxury, but a fact of life.
Curology's Product team is seeking a passionate, people-focused User Experience Researcher to join our growing team. This position is full-time and based in San Francisco.
What you'll do
- Actively take part in shaping and influencing our product strategy.
- Help lead user research projects across the entire product lifecycle and validate launching new product features. You'll set the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll partner closely with product designers, product managers, copywriters, and creatives to find elegant but practical solutions to challenges.
- Learn from our users and educate the product team on what users want. We're focused on listening to patients and letting their needs guide us to the best solutions. Our goal is to always solve problems for real people, and not just for the loudest voice in the room.
- Guide the product team to design empathetically and propose actionable solutions to user needs. Make concrete, data-driven recommendations for change based on your findings.
- Manage recruitment and scheduling for study sessions.
- Conduct literature reviews and competitive analysis.
- Plan, observe and moderate usability testing sessions and interviews. Administer lab studies, usability testing, questionnaires, and interviews.
- Help extend our user experience research processes. Champion it amongst the team and help solve UX challenges in a scalable way.
What you'll need
- 1+ years of in-house UX research experience.
- You have advanced knowledge of mixed-methods research.
- You're confident working with R, SPSS or equivalent data analysis tools.
- You're familiar with various survey platforms and remote usability research platforms.
- Passion to understand people and their needs.
- A user-focused product-design mentality.
- Humility and a team-first mentality.
- Artisanship—you obsess over details and are excited to polish your work until it’s pixel-perfect
- A track record of personal accountability, and a strong sense of urgency and ownership.
- A web link or a PDF to your portfolio is "nice to have".
What you'll love about Curology
- Amazing team culture and environment, leading to almost no turnover since the Company's founding in 2014
- Awarded Great Place To Work & Inc.’s Best Workplace
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- Unlimited, flexible PTO for exempt employees
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental and vision insurance are covered 90%+ for employees; flexible spending account; 401k
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Free daily lunch and a kitchen stocked with delicious snacks, drinks, and coffee
- Free subscription to Curology!
- Company sponsored happy hours and outings
Curology encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Notice to Applicants under the CCPA.