Principal UX Designer
The world runs on software. Yet delivering changes to software remains massively complicated, highly manual, and risk-prone. At Harness, our mission is to simplify the entire software delivery process so that software engineering teams can move fast and ship code effortlessly without the fear of breaking things. That's why we're bringing the industry’s first Continuous Delivery-as-a-Service platform to the market.
Harness uses a unique machine learning and AI-based approach to continuously verify the performance, quality and security of highly complex software systems, and automates the entire software delivery process.
Harness is led by technologist and entrepreneur, Jyoti Bansal, who founded AppDynamics and sold it to Cisco for $3.7 Billion. We’re backed with $60M Series-B funding from top-tier VC firms Menlo Ventures, IVP, GV (formerly Google Ventures), and ServiceNow Ventures.
You will help define the future of Harness product experiences. You can envision the complex UX landscape of CI/CD and can craft an unrivaled experience for our customers while you inspire teams around you to reach higher standards. You are opinionated - your instincts sharpened by your years of designing for complex domains, and you ship world-class products. And yet you remain curious, you learn from customers, experts around you and you pursue excellence in product design.
In this role, you will apply your skills in design and negotiations to guide research, design processes and go from idea to product design specifications. You’ll collaborate with other members on the UX team, Product Management, Engineering and Customer Success teams. You will conduct customer research, evaluate the usability of existing products in the CI/CD ecosystem to better define simpler solutions. Our team is growing, and you will find yourself wearing multiple hats - designer, researcher, product manager and evangelist. And your role doesn’t end with product design, you get to own the outcome following up with customers post launch; you’ll measure impact and continuously improve the quality of Harness as experienced by customers.
- Provide design leadership, guidance and mentorship for UX projects
- Lead by example - solve problems, communicate what is being solved and inspire the organization through the design solution
- Deliver a UX vision that can be achieved by iterative updates over time
- Build strong relationships with our leaders within the organization and our customers
- We seek someone who has shipped world class products in the enterprise space - who has seen the product through multiple releases and managed to bring about remarkable improvements through the product lifecycle.
- You'll have:
- An online portfolio demonstrating excellence in thought and execution
- BA/BS in a design discipline
- 8+ years of experience including 5+ years working in an enterprise environment; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background. Master’s degree preferred.
- Commitment to exquisite craftsmanship
- Enthusiasm and positive energy (bring it!)
- If this sounds like you, and you would like to join a hard working team of design professionals committed to shaping the world of software delivery as a service - then reach out, share some of your work, show us something new and let’s speak.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE AT HARNESS
- Fun work environment in the heart of San Francisco
- Beer & high-end espresso in the office
- Breakfast Mondays, Happy Hour Thursdays, Lunch Fridays
- Competitive salary, health benefits, early stage Stock Options
- A great team who will fight beside you in the trenches to accomplish your goals