Senior Product Designer
Are you an enthusiastic and talented product designer? Do you want to work on exciting products that make a positive impact on the lives of millions of people? Then join us on our mission to make learning awesome!
Kahoot! is looking for a well-rounded designer to join our team in Oslo. You’ll be a key contributor to one of our product teams. Here are some of the best things about being a designer at Kahoot!:
- With more than a billion players per year, we are helping to shape the future of learning.
- In addition to Kahoot! being a fun and exciting game, it also helps people learn in an engaging way.
- We have a very enthusiastic user base that constantly helps us improve what we do.
- And last but not least, we are a multicultural team that loves working together and we truly believe that it is our teamwork that makes us successful.
Kahoot! is a game-based learning platform that makes it easy to create, share and play fun learning games or trivia quizzes in minutes. Kahoot! is used in a multitude of settings – in K-12 and university classrooms, corporate offices, social settings, and major sporting and cultural events. Kahoot! is embraced by teachers, loved by students and valued by organizations and in 2018, Kahoot! had over 1 billion participating players in more than 200 countries. Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning awesome and build the leading learning community in the world. Launched in 2013, the company is headquartered in Norway with offices in the US and the UK. Let’s play!
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. Representing 30 different nationalities, we’re a diverse and fun bunch of people! We work hard and celebrate our wins, tackle challenges with original ideas and learn something new every day.
We’ve been growing steadily over the past year; we joined forces with Dragonbox, the award-winning game-based learning studio and maker of the popular math apps and Poio, the learn-to-read app and now as a team of more than 100, we’re on a mission to make learning awesome together.
The Design team
Design has always played an important role at Kahoot!. With our team of 8 designers from various backgrounds, we’re responsible for the design and visual language of all of Kahoot!’s products and services, ranging from the game experience and the website to our communication channels. One of the values defining our working culture is being inclusive, which means that every opinion is valued. We believe that the best design solutions come out of teamwork
Who are you?
Here is our vision of the designer we’re looking for. If you feel you’re a good match, yet there are a couple of boxes you don’t check off – do not let it discourage you from applying!
- You truly care about design, and take pride in the quality of your work.
- You have 4+ years of experience as a product designer.
- You have a portfolio that reflects you as a designer (quality over quantity).
- You are easy to work with and looking to be a key part of our design team
- You’re not afraid to suggest improvements, raise concerns, or question the status quo.
- You seek to learn from others as well as share your knowledge and experience.
What are your skills?
- You are up to date on the latest design tools and technologies
- You can take on design tasks from start to finish. You can do UX-related tasks (user-flows, wireframes) as well as UI-related tasks (clean and highly engaging designs).
- You are responsible and can drive your own design tasks to success.
- You are able to communicate your work clearly and effectively.
- You can collaborate closely with other designers and engineers.
- You can act on feedback from others and provide helpful feedback to others.
- Bonus skills: game design, animation, and/or CRO design
Here are some of the benefits we provide to our team members:
- A competitive compensation package
- Share option plan
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Travel insurance
- Home broadband allowance
- Mobile subscription
- Friday lunch and food contribution
- Subsidized Norwegian language classes
- Modern offices in downtown Oslo
- Friendly, international environment and after-work activities
- Relocation and settling-in assistance
Speaking of relocation – check our “Living and working in Norway” page and find out what makes this country awesome!
Please add your portfolio as part of your application.