UX Design Director
At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save more than $20 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a profitable business funded by top-tier investors; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
About the Role
GoodRx is looking for a UX Design Director with 5+ years experience managing interaction and visual designers as well as leading and driving high quality user experiences across a multi-faceted product area. As a UX Design Director, you will oversee multiple teams of designers as well as work directly with product and engineering team leads to develop broader telehealth strategies and build products that help people with all of their telemedicine needs. You will be the UX leader of a major product vertical, ensuring quality across different sub-products and contributing to broader business strategy and will be responsible for defining and managing resourcing needs. You will be a senior member of the UX leadership team.
As a senior UX leader you will help to define the future of the GoodRx experience. You will be directly responsible for your team’s delivery of high quality, thoughtful UX solutions including presentation of design solutions, coordinating relevant user research, and final delivery of specifications to engineering. This role also provides the opportunity to shape the telehealth design organization and influence the broader UX team. You will work with engineering and product manager peers to create and improve ways that GoodRX can engage with our users and provide more personalized savings and information related to their healthcare needs.
- Manage hiring, resourcing, and performance of UX design team for a large new product vertical
- Drive the UX roadmap and strongly influence product roadmaps to make sure that the product team is incorporating user-centric processes in a holistic manner across a suite of products
- Partner with engineering and product leaders to set strategic priorities, define product goals, and ensure that products are built on time and in a product excellent way
- Increase impact of the UX team, by advocating for the user and driving a user-centric product development process, and defining how the newly formed Telehealth UX organization operates
- Align your team to the broader design system
- Serve as a senior member of the UX leadership team, discussing overall UX strategy and helping to lead cross-vertical initiatives, and advocating for your organization's needs
- Partner with UX Research lead and researchers to collect and share relevant insights to improve products and inform product strategy
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Design or design related field (e.g., user interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, architecture)
- Experience with interactive product design, and mobile and app platforms
- 5-10 years of experience managing UX design teams
- 10-15 years of experience as a UX designer
- Internet, healthcare experience a plus
- Experience working with design systems and style guides
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved more than $20 billion using GoodRx and more than 17 million consumers use GoodRx each month to find current prices and discounts for their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 medical app on the iOS and Android app stores and tens of thousands of doctors recommend GoodRx to their patients. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.