Senior Product Designer
We are a newly-founded micromobility startup on a mission to improve European city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to beautifully design micromobility for safety, comfort, and durability.
We recently raised an initial investment of €20 million and just released €30 million series A funding, co-led by existing investors EQT Ventures and Naspers, through its Naspers Ventures division, Axel Springer Digital Ventures, Felix Capital, FJ Labs, U-Start Club and angel investors.
Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is now operating in Brussels, Paris, Lyon, Turin, Munich & soon launching in other European cities.
We’re looking for an experienced Sr. Product Designer with a track record of designing highly engaging mobile products with great attention to detail. As a part of a strong team, you’ll apply your visual and design talent to solve complex interaction design challenges that improve the customer experience for our riders in different markets across Europe.
What you'll do
- You’re a UX/UI hybrid: You’re a hands-on, gifted visual designer who loves the clarity and cleanliness of exceptional UX.
- You enjoy interaction design and have been designing mobile apps and sites for years
- You have experience with both mobile and web design best practices
- You love to own big projects and aspire to share your knowledge and expertise with larger teams as you grow in your role.
- You balance priorities and can design for immediate launches while thinking about a scalable future vision
- You welcome feedback as a way to improve your designs
- You are guided by experience and intuition and seek input from user research to inform decisions
- You love to solve complex problems with simple, elegant solutions
- You champion design systems and interaction patterns
- You understand how designs intersect with technical implementations.
- You follow the latest techniques and thinking within your field and share your knowledge with team and stakeholders
- You know how to set up and run usability tests, and how to translate insights from those studies into meaningful action
- You act independently but also naturally scale to think about your team
What you'll need
- A passion for creating products and services that resonate emotionally with people and drive changes in their behaviors
- 5+ years designing products end-to-end with UI/Visual Design (color, line, type, shape, image, composition).
- Ability to function as a project leader as well as an independent contributor.
- Proficiency in visualizing, sketching, designing, and prototyping mobile and web user interfaces.
- Ability to work within distributed, multidisciplinary teams across European markets
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits.
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.