Senior UX Designer
Phenomenon is an independent company in Los Angeles. Up on the 28th floor in Miracle Mile, we’re a crew of creative thinkers who enjoy getting (and solving) some of the most interesting problems out there. From partnering with brands in need of transformation to startups in need of formation, we’re more than an advertising agency to our clients. We’re a non-traditional partner that believes that everything is solvable. Alright, that’s our elevator pitch, now about the gig:
We're currently looking for a Sr. UX Designer (Contract) to partner with our Products and Services team to help drive a digital transformation for a firm in the financial sector. You'll succeed in this role if you are thoughtful, strategic, detail oriented, articulate, and highly collaborative. The ideal candidate will be able to sell a big idea to internal teams and clients alike, but also passionately execute wireframes and prototypes like a pro.
You will be responsible for conducting ux audits and research, contributing to ux strategies, and creating design solutions that are born from a contextual foundation of market, culture, business and technological understanding. Whether working to define interactions and experiences for single products or touch points to large, complex service ecosystems, you will operate to cultivate an empathic understanding of the human condition and advocate from the point of view of the consumer need, expectation and mindset.
Your daily responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate closely with cross functional team to understand and solve complex business and customer problems by designing best-in-class experiences
- Contribute to strategic initiatives from discovery through delivery through leading and/or producing design lifecycle artifacts (e.g personas, journey maps, process flows, design strategies, and storyboards
- Develop and iterate IA, UX and UI (both static and prototypes) using a human-centered approach that includes the use of a variety of requirements and research based activities
- Work closely with internal team and client stakeholders to translate business requirements in order to create meaningful interactive experience
- Provide estimates and timelines for UX activities via collaboration with colleagues and managers and deliver in timely and thorough manner
- Keep current with the latest trends that influence and shape best-in-class work
Desired Skills & Experience
- Prior experience (3-5 years) as a UX designer, information architect, or interactive designer in an agency, client, or consulting environment
- A proven track record as an individual contributor
- Ability to advocate for a POV or carry through on ideas or concepts developed collectively.
- Self directed with the ability to iterate and explore multiple options and effectively edit one’s work to present vetted design solutions
- Ability to see a project through from concept development to creative execution. Must excel in developing big ideas, communicating ideas passionately, and collaborating with other disciplines
- Experience conducting user research and translating it into design decisions and strategic frameworks
- Prior experience designing experiences for consumer-facing applications
- Effective communication skills and experience developing relationships with clients
- Expertise in a combination of visual design, communication and prototyping tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch, OmniGraffle, InVision, Principle, Axure. Experience in motion design tools such as After Effects a plus
- Degree in Design, Human Factors, User Interface Design or equivalent professional experience