UX Writer & Content Strategist
Level is bringing together talented, passionate people from diverse backgrounds. We’re looking for teammates who are naturally curious and love to ask questions, even when it means challenging the established way of doing things. We foster a work environment where every voice in the room is heard, and encourage people to have a strong sense of ownership over their work. We believe in an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued.
About the role
- Serve as first UX and content writer at Level and build the discipline from the ground up
- Define content guidelines and best practices, create systems that scale, and elevate the Level user experience through writing
- Define and champion the Level voice across all teams, products, and collateral
- Write final copy for a suite of web and mobile products, the Level website, and support collateral across various channels
- Partner with marketing on writing projects for sales enablement, marketing campaigns, and the Level blog
- Translate complex benefits jargon into accessible and simple terms
- Work cross functionally with teams including design, marketing, product management and support to ensure consistency and effective written communications
- 5+ years of relevant experience that includes a mix of product and brand writing
- Demonstrated ability to develop and document content guidelines, processes, and best practices
- Ability to multitask and work well in a fast paced environment
- A passion for working in high performing, collaborative teams
- Competitive salary and equity
- Great medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible vacation
- Generous caregiver leave policies
- Internal learning and development programs
Level’s mission is to improve healthcare by offering a new way to find, manage, and pay for care. We’re starting this journey by tackling employer-funded dental insurance. We believe that if people have connected, easy-to-use products, they’ll be more engaged in their benefits and make better decisions around their care. The founding team at Level comes from companies that have simplified payments and insurance—like Square, Oscar Health, and Uber. We started in 2018 in New York City, and are backed by First Round, Homebrew, BoxGroup, and Precursor Ventures.. We foster a work environment where every voice in the room is heard, and encourage people to have a strong sense of ownership over their work. We believe in an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued.
In addition to your resume or LinkedIn, please submit a link to your portfolio with examples of your UX-focused writing.