Total Brain is a mental health and fitness platform powered by neurotechnology. We leverage technology, neuroscience and biometrics to help individuals monitor and support mental health and human performance.
Values, Vision, & Culture:
Our culture revolves around Passion. We look for people who are unique, team oriented, and connected to our cause. In our work together we strive to bring data-driven self-awareness and continuity of care to 5,000,000 people who wish to improve and sustain their mental health by 2020.
We are looking for a Product Designer to collaborate across departments to produce amazing work to communicate to our clients and prospective customers. This is a remote position working with colleagues spread across the US and Australia.
- Conduct user research to learn about the behaviors, attitudes and emotions of our users. Gather insights from customer feedback, site metrics, market segment analysis, usability findings, etc. to inspire and inform your designs.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers and scientists to understand and translate functional requirements into easy-to-use and thoughtful designs.
- Communicate the design intent at various stages of the process with wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups and/or prototypes.
- Create all the design assets necessary to develop the final product. Advocate for the prioritization of design-centered changes, refinements and improvements.
- Contribute to our Design System, maintaining detailed user-interface specifications and mobile/web design patterns.
- 1-3 years of experience as a product designer –or similar role– creating digital products, working closely with end-users, peers and developers from inception through implementation.
- Experience conducting applied product research, and/or focus on directly relevant research topics.
- Fluency in best practices for mobile and tablet design, as well as working knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Great eye for visual design and layout.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.*
Education and Experience:
- 1-3 Years of experience as a user product designer, UI/UX designer or similar role.
- An online portfolio of samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions.
- BA/BS in design-oriented discipline (or equivalent work experience)
What we offer:
- A flexible, collaborative culture where growth from within is encouraged
- Regular Science education sessions and all hands meetings
- Competitive benefits (options for individual and/or family medical, dental and vision plans, commuter benefits, medical & dependent flexible spending accounts)
- Flexible time off
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Employee Stock Option Program
- Maternity and Parental paid leave
- Company wide retreats at locations all over the United States