Staff UX Researcher
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Staff UX Researcher to be a key member of the UX Research Team. You will be a part of a high-energy dynamic group of individuals with diverse backgrounds. We are deeply invested in shaping the experience of Twilio’s mission to fuel the future of communications by building communications tools that developers, startups, enterprises, and everyone in between, rely on everyday.
Twilio is looking for a Staff UX Researcher who demonstrates the following:
- 6+ years of industry research experience
- Passion for software development and developers
- Mastery of a comprehensive toolkit of both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and ability to come up with creative research solutions as needed
- Experience collecting and analyzing user behavior through survey design, data validation, and experimentation (A/B testing)
- Great storytelling with keen abilities to clearly, concisely, and persuasively communicate findings verbally and in writing
- Proven track record of impactful research that drives great insights and user experiences
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven record of solid connections and successful relationships
- Attention to detail, organization, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Is proactive and self-directed with an ability to take direction
- Master’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, Anthropology, Information Science, or in a related field, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
As a Staff UX Researcher, you will:
- Be the go to for all things research within Developer Experience
- Own and drive the research strategy for Developer Experience
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and inspire world-class design
- Help the team ask the right questions, and bring them along in discovering practical, actionable, and insightful answers
- Evangelize and educate others about UX and user-focused processes
Developer Experience sits squarely at the intersection of software engineering and product design. A great developer experience will minimize the “time to magic” as a junior developer learns about Twilio for the first time. And a great developer experience will also empower the largest companies on the planet to confidently debug massive web scale applications. And we need to continue asking the question “what do developers most need from Twilio to be successful?”
The UX Research Team is a critical partner to the business, enabling the company to conduct customer research effectively. Uncovering user behaviors, needs, and motivations in order to design products and services that provide value is crucial to user experience research and design.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Denver office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.