Lead Product Designer
Reporting to the VP of Product Management the Lead Product Designer will lead our UX/Design team as it grows. Working across all of the products in our portfolio you will play a critical role in ensuring we are developing quality products which fit the strategic plan for the organization and provide our customers with a delightful experience. You are responsible for ensuring that all of our products across our portfolio are designed with our style and culture in mind, and the ultimate usability by our diverse clients and users. You’ll be responsible for helping your team focus on the user, coaching them through our process, and making sure that they’re solving the right problems with the best solutions.
More about you and what you’ll be doing
* Work closely with Product and Development teams to deliver customer solutions
* Understand and deliver for our customers, an experience through testing and analyzing data while constantly looking for new opportunities to improve
* Work on design systems and customer research
* Be a mentor and champion to help grow our design team
* As a player/coach you’ll be leading junior members of the design team as well as individually contributing to the visual design for our product portfolio
* A high degree of interest in usability and studying to understand user needs in-depth
* Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
* Illustrate design ideas using storyboards and process flows
* Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how applications appear and function
* Lead product design review processes in partnership with product management
* Create a scalable set of design standards and strategies to be used across the team and company
* Partner with key stakeholders to conduct usability testing and user feedback sessions
* Apply modern design-led thinking best practices to ESO products
The Essentials - some of the things required to be successful in the role:
- 6+ years in user experience and/or product design with a track record of product adoption
- Previous experience as a senior or lead individual contributor in UX or product design
- First-hand experience in applying research methodologies such as user interviews, usability testing, card sorting, and journey mapping
- Experience of design thinking methodologies and agile within product design teams
- Experience designing web-based applications and/or mobile applications
- Expert knowledge of design tools (e.g. Sketch, Zepplin, etc.)
- Solid foundational visual design skills – e.g. typography, layout, colour and information hierarchy.
- Knowledge of human-computer interaction and design principles.
- A stunning portfolio of past design projects demonstrating the above
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The Desirables - it’s a plus if you have:
- 2+ years’ experience of leading and managing a team of product designers
- Previously worked at a SaaS software company serving B2B customers
Location: this role will be based in our Belfast city center office.
Travel requirements: we like to give our NI based employees the opportunity to get to know our US colleagues and build valuable working relationships while soaking up both company and product information and understanding. Candidates should be aware that a week-long trip to our head office in Austin, Texas may be part of the onboarding process.
A flexible approach to travelling is essential and you should anticipate anticipate travelling to the US a few times per year.
ESO is a fast-paced, rapidly growing data, technology and research company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We pioneer innovative, user-friendly software to meet the changing needs of today’s EMS agencies, fire departments, and hospitals. We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great place to work. We serve thousands of customers out of our US offices (Austin, Dallas, Des Moines, Forest Hill, and Golden) and our Belfast, Northern Ireland office.
Are you ready to Make a Difference? We are looking for passionate, innovative, and authentic people to help drive our mission.
“We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their sex or gender identity; religious or similar philosophical belief; political opinion; race; age; sexual orientation; or, whether they are married or are in a civil partnership; or, whether they are disabled; or whether they have undergone, are undergoing or intend to undergo gender reassignment.”