Director of Product Design
Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal. We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success.
What you will do
Klarna’s Design team is an ambitious international team where results and attention to detail are taken seriously. We aim to build the best products in the world and we are excited to welcome new team members who share our ambition to be consistently amazing. We’re organised into domains with a clear area of focus and different products and teams in them.
As Director of Product Design, you will partly contribute to the overall strategy of the products in your domain alongside your Product and Engineering counterparts, and partly lead a set of fantastic design leaders with the goal to evolve processes, tools and methods to deliver great product design.
You will work alongside our Design Operations team and talented Design Leads in other domains across Klarna and close to our Design System team, to maintain, unify and evolve our design language, to provide a customer journey that is consistent across domains.
You will report directly to the VP Design.
As a Director of Product Design at Klarna you will:
- Manage the team of Product Design Leads working across Klarna's different domain areas.
- Define and evolve the design strategy, methods, tools and processes needed for Product Design in order to deliver on the strategy set.
- Oversee the work and work closely with your Design Leads and our Design System team to ensure a consistent UI and UX experience across the whole customer journey.
- Define the processes and ways of working amongst Design, Engineering and Product to guarantee we ship the best design solutions possible.
- Shape the design culture in your domain and at Klarna to ultimately define every interaction customers have with our products and services.
Who you are
- We are looking for ambitious people with significant drive. You should be passionate about your work and enjoy an ever-changing, fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results.
- At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
You should have
- At least 4 years of experience managing teams of designers.
- At least 10 years of hands-on product design work experience.
- A strong understanding of interaction design, visual design and user experience.
- Experience working with design systems.
- Great ability to articulate and explain your ideas to management and designers, among others.
- A strong eye for grids, visual patterns and pixel perfection.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- You might also have background in fintech or e-commerce and experience developing design libraries
How to apply
- Send over a CV in English
- A portfolio of work that you have done yourself or lead is essential in order for us to review your application
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We serve 80 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 190,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by +2,500 people from 90 nationalities.