Director of UX
Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset and enjoy working in a fast-moving product space at the intersection of technology, gaming and live entertainment? Come help us define the future of live music!
Wave is an entertainment technology company and creator of the world’s first multi-channel virtual entertainment platform for live concerts. Using proprietary live broadcast technology, Wave gives artists a platform to perform live for audiences around the world, while bringing fans new and immersive connections to their favorite performers. We are looking for an experienced and talented User Experience designer to own UX at Wave.
This role will direct UX design across multiple experiences for Wave customers, including live performer-audience-environment interactions and minigames during Wave concerts; paid ticketing and VIP access flows; and the overall customer journey over time, across shows, distribution platforms and devices. Responsibilities will include production of wireframes, flow diagrams, visual mockups, and interactive prototypes. You will work closely with creative artists, producers, product managers, marketers, engineers and interaction designers to define requirements and implement solutions. You will manage user testing and analyze behavioral data to iterate and optimize. You will apply design thinking and take a broad approach to ensure experiential continuity across platforms and touch points.
The ideal candidate will be resourceful, highly analytical, customer focused and team oriented, and will have broad experience and proven success across game design, interaction design and customer journey design projects. Prior experience owning user testing and managing other designers is highly desired.
- Musician/Music Lover
- Passion for live events
- Collaborate across teams to design 1) large-scale interactions between performing artists, audiences and environments during our virtual concerts, and 2) holistic audience experience through acquisition, attendance, engagement, retention and monetization flows across multiple shows and platforms.
- Build wireframes and presentations as needed for proof of concept and implementation
- Clearly communicate ideas and collaborate cross-functionally to realize designs
- Be prepared to help implement prototypes (with engineering support) to show proof of concept
- Communicate your data-informed vision and design rationale to cross-functional stakeholders
- Deliver appropriate level of design artifacts for the team (e.g., strategy articulation, discovery/ research results, journey maps, flows, wireframes, mockups and/or prototypes)
- Manage user testing
- Manage other designers
- 5+ years of professional experience as an interactive designer/user experience designer/game designer with proven success in creating engaging experiences that scale
- 3+ years of professional experience as a game designer working on successful games and/or game studios
- An available online portfolio
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
- User experience design skill set including data-driven analytics capabilities, user workflow diagramming and wireframing
- Experience designing UX for live online events in gaming environments or live streaming platforms
- Knowledge of or experience with virtual goods monetization design
- Visual design skills with a good eye for composition, fonts and color
- Experience working in startups
- Experience with Unity
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, Lua, or similar scripting language