Senior UX Designer
Space Ape Games
We’re on the look out for a talented and driven UX Designer to come and play a part in our mission to create the best mobile game experiences. You will be responsible for driving up the overall quality of the user experience in our new titles by providing and implementing design solutions that align with the games vision and player needs.
It’s an incredibly exciting time here at Space Ape Games. We have projects in all stages of the development cycle, along with a fast paced environment that promotes genuine autonomy.
Skills & Responsibilities
- Strong knowledge of the game design process and an ability to solve complex problems
- You have relevant industry experience and understand the game development cycle and impact of UX design along the way
- Can map out and understand the player journey along with creation of wireframes
- Proficient with prototype tools and can get into the details of a design
- Able to research and validate designs using a variety of user testing techniques
- Can produce high quality design specifications
- Strong communication skills, you can take others on the design journey
- You’re able to collaborate with other disciplines and receive critique
- Worked as part of small multi-disciplinary game teams
- Full development cycle experience, from pitching & prototyping, to launch and beyond
- Hands-on involvement with different genres of games
- Experience in leading the UX design of a game OR feature
- Passionate mobile gamer
Why Space Ape is right for you
- Be a part of one of several small empowered teams who inspire and challenge one another in the pursuit of our mission
- Autonomy to make your own impact with the support to help it happen
- Designated ‘Ape Space’ creative time where you are free to work on game concepts and ideas away from your day to day
- The freedom to further your skill set the way you want with a generous training budget
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- An award winning studio that in 2017, 2018 & 2019 was crowned one of the best companies to work for in the UK by gamesindustry.biz.
- Help run and create games which bring joy to millions of players all over the world
- 4.7/5.0 Glassdoor rating - Check out our reviews
- Entered a long-term strategic partnership with Supercell in 2017
About Space Ape
At Space Ape we pride ourselves on our passion and the trust we place in our people. We look for driven, productive, team players who are relentless in their pursuit of our mission. There’s no bureaucracy here, we just get things done. Space Ape’s mission is to make the highest quality and most successful mobile games in the world. Founded in 2012 we’ve since launched four games: Samurai Siege, Rival Kingdoms, Transformers: Earth Wars and Fastlane: Road to Revenge. To date our games have been installed by over 60 million people across over 150 countries.
Our studio is currently 110 strong and built around the belief that small empowered teams make the best games. This philosophy enables us to innovate, move faster and have the creative ownership required to make the greatest games on mobile.