Lead Product Designer
We believe that living with great roommates is more important than ever. That’s why we created Bungalow: a marketplace of beautiful, affordable homes in the best neighborhoods — for people who care about being great roommates. We’re the largest and fastest growing Series B startup in the co-living space, with homes across 10 major US cities and more coming soon!
Now we’re focused on making the roommate finding experience even better. Think Craigslist without the scams and Tinder without the superficial judgement. If you’re passionate about helping people make meaningful connections and build a real sense of community, join our team and let’s make it happen!
About this role
Bungalow is building out a world-class design team. We’re looking for a strong human-centered UX designer with a passion for crafting beautiful UI to join us and help build an amazing experience for our growing community of residents.
As a Lead Product Designer at Bungalow, you’ll be involved at every step of the product development process — from brainstorming ideas to polishing designs through launch. With your range of interaction, visual, and product thinking skills, you’ll make critical design decisions that will drive our product development.
- Design elegant interactions and experiences for our customers.
- Deliver high-fidelity designs that elevate our brand and design system.
- Drive ethnographic research and usability testing to inform your work.
- Collaborate with product, engineering, field ops, and support.
- Drive strategy and define, build, and release new products and features.
- Give and solicit feedback from designers and cross-disciplinary partners.
- Mentor and guide team members, helping them develop and grow.
- Execute in a fast-paced environment that’s full of ambiguity.
As a qualified candidate, you are comfortable with ambiguity, you’re a great communicator, and you’re a strong cross-functional partner. You uphold a high quality bar, you obsess over the details, and you’re able to take a solution from idea to implementation. You are human-centered, you approach problems holistically, and you create simple, elegant solutions to complex problems.
- 6-8+ years of experience designing digital products and systems
- Strong product thinking skills and collaborate with PMs and engineers
- Strong design craft skills including interaction, visual, and service design
- Strong ethnographic research and usability testing skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong portfolio across iOS, Android, responsive web, and email
- Strong command of design tools (Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
- Experience with prototyping tools (Framer, Principle, etc.)
- Passion for the fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Desire to join a giphy-addicted, emoji-crazed, fun and passionate team!