Senior UX Researcher
ARRIVAL is a technology company making vehicles the way they should be - fully electric, digitally connected, and smart. By creating innovation in vehicle design and manufacturing, Arrival is accelerating autonomous and electric vehicle technology, by fusing AI with new forms of automotive engineering. We are working with some of the world's leading businesses and governments with the goal to re-define how cities look, think and feel. Our vehicles will be 100% built by robots and are autonomous-ready.
We have trials with the Royal Mail, UPS, DHL and many others. We supply the components to the first fully electric and driverless race-car and racing series, Roborace, and we supply components to Charge Cars and their brand-new electric Mustangs. Plus, we are recognised by LinkedIn as one of their Top Startups 2019: The 25 hottest UK companies to work for right now, as well as being the world’s newest Unicorn with a €3 billion valuation.
Arrival, the technology company and manufacturer of electric vehicles, is looking for a Senior UX researcher who is responsible for organizing and conducting research, analyzing user experience and ensuring coordination and communication between relevant stakeholders. Central to the role will be guiding the strategic direction and development of the product and services (digital and physical) through deep, holistic understanding of the customers and market.
- Tasks & responsibilities:
- Generating an in-depth understanding of new markets, customers and users through an array of insight discovery skillsCollaboration with the cross-company UX research function and an international team including in-house and remote resources for performing global research studies.
- Analysis of competitive, global and industry user experience in terms of products, services, communication channels and user interfaces to identify development areas.
- Organizing and conducting usability studies of all products, services and user interfaces to learn from the understanding of real users.
- Measuring expert UX analytics for interacting with products, services and user interfaces.Organization and task setting for external resources/research agencies and quality assessment of the findings.
- Collection, synthesis and analysis of research insights, identifying areas of development and providing recommendations.
- Organization of machine-readable format for tasks and research / analytics findings in order to develop machine learning practices.
- Designing algorithms for automated analysis of user experience research results.Preparation, presentation and collaboration of design results with product teams and management Requirements and skills:Higher psychological, technical or design education.
- Fluency in tools for collecting, analyzing and organizing data. Skills for designing data analysis algorithms preferred.
- Fluency in user experience research practice and all associated tools.
- Attentiveness and criticality to the imperfection of data, the presence of errors and their processing algorithms.
- Fluency in remote collaboration tools, cloud services and development interaction toolsDevelopment of analytical skills, passion for working with numbers; clear alignment of the logic of conclusions and decisions.
- Free oral & written English no lower than upper intermediate.
- Qualifications & experience:
- Experience of 5 years in organizing and conducting research on user experience and usability of products and services in the role of a performer and task designer.
- Experience of 3 years of research work in projects to bring high-tech engineering and IT products to the market.
- Experience of 2 years of work in organizations and projects with agile development methods, with geographically distributed and multilingual teams.
- Market research experience is highly preferred.
- Direct participation in organizing and conducting international and remote UX research studies.
- Direct participation of research in projects that have received industry awards, ratings.
- Presence of a portfolio of projects on research and analytics of user interaction - we will ask you to demonstrate what tasks you solved, how, in what role and what was the final result of your participation in such projects;Collaboration level:Direct collaboration with management, colleagues and experts of related departments within the companyInteraction with external resources, contractors and clientsInteraction with geographically distributed English-speaking experts, in person, correspondence, documentation.
- Working conditions:London office Computer, licensed professional software.International business trips are possible.
We’d love it if you have:
A hunger to learn.
A huge desire to achieve.
The ability to work in a fast moving meritocracy where every employee looks to constantly improve themselves and their company.
A career with Arrival will expose you to the bare bones of a highly ambitious and entrepreneurial technology company, so if you’re interested in creating the future, not just talking about it, we’d love to hear from you.