Take-Two Interactive Software
Private Division is a developer-focused publisher that empowers studios to develop the games that they are passionate about creating, while providing the support that they need to make their titles critically and commercially successful on a global scale. As a new division of Take-Two Interactive Software, the label publishes Kerbal Space Program, has released Ancestors with Panache Digital Games and The Outer Worlds with Obsidian Entertainment, and will publish the upcoming title Disintegration with V1 Interactive along with other unannounced partnerships. Private Division is headquartered in New York City with offices in Seattle, Munich, and Las Vegas. We are growing our capabilities to allow us to continue bringing great games to players and are looking for a new member of our team near Seattle, WA.
We’re seeking a UI Artist to work with our UI/UX team to create and maintain high quality assets. The UI Artist is responsible for visual and interaction design that adheres to a cohesive style guide and maintains consistency throughout visual elements and behaviors. The candidate will work with a variety of team members to design, create, implement and optimize UI assets for our titles. They are responsible for maintaining high visual fidelity, competitive aesthetics, and presenting game information in a clear and understandable manner. The UI Artist must be able to work with industry standard tool sets and software to ensure a high level of fit and finish to all UI elements.
Working with other UI Artists, and the broader team, the UI Artist will help design and shape the visual and interactive aspects of the game’s interface needs. This may also include UI workflow optimizations and developing new techniques for visual display and information presentation.
- Collaborate with UX designer to determine functionality and usability requirements.
- Design and create UI components (ex. menus, stats and inventory screens, in-game HUD elements, etc.) from Visual Comps to completed Features.
- Collaborate and communicate with art directors, UI lead, UX designer, game designers, producers & programmers in the creation and implementation of the game UI.
- Test functionality and bug fixing to ensure work is end user ready.
- Contribute to the design and streamlining of UI tools and processes.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Interactive Media or equivalent work experience as a User Interface artist.
- 2 years game industry experience or equivalent school experience.
- Experience creating assets and styles for User Interfaces for entire cycle of at least one published game.
- Strong knowledge of user interface design, interaction design, information architecture, and the ability to generate design ideas.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills.
- Experience with 3D a bonus.
- Strong traditional art skills a bonus.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and redo/iterate work until it's right.
- Task driven, self-motivated and proactive.
- Quick learner, able to rapidly pick up new software and workflow pipelines.