Senior UX Designer
Anaplan is looking for a Senior User Experience Designer to join our growing global User Experience team in Minneapolis, and contribute as a member of our R&D organization, with offices in San Francisco, Minneapolis, London and York.
Now is an exciting time to join a mature team with ~20 designers and researchers, focused on rolling out beautiful and intuitive mobile and web interfaces that help businesses plan across the enterprise and improve decision-making. Our team must balance competing priorities across multiple scrum teams, support the evolution of an exciting new design system and make time for exploratory work that forms a vision for our customer experience.
As a User Experience Designer at Anaplan, you will partner with product owners, engineers and our design system team to design online content for our prospect, admin, builder and business user personas. Examples include our Help, Community and marketing websites. You will play a big part in developing re-usable design patterns, with the aim of creating a cohesive end-to-end experience for our customers.
This role is an immediate full-time position. If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and tackle unique problems that no one else is solving, keep reading.
The User Experience team are responsible for advocating for the user experience across our ecosystem. We facilitate data-driven decisions through understanding user needs and problems and evaluating solutions. Our goal is to drive customer delight and that ‘aha’ moment for our customers when they see the possibilities of Anaplan.
What you’ll be doing:
- Understand and advocate for our users and their needs and problems in order to identify solutions and deliver great experiences across devices.
- Work with content strategists to create a coherent and easy to understand information architecture across all of Anaplan’s web properties.
- Work closely with our design system team to develop and document an evolving design language, in order to maintain a coherent experience across our ecosystem.
- Share fearlessly with designers and other stakeholders to iterate through design proposals.
- Work with our researchers to evaluate high risk proposals through user research.
- Describe solutions through light-weight design assets and UX acceptance criteria.
- Evaluate user analytics as well as quantitative and qualitative feedback in order to continually improve solutions.
A little about you:
To be successful in the role, you should have the following skills and mindset:
- Experience designing help, community and marketing websites, ideally for enterprise SaaS organizations.
- Have a passion for information architecture and visual design.
- Experience working with and contributing to design systems.
- Manage multiple stakeholders and work with product owners to prioritize accordingly.
- Communicate ideas quickly through sketching or other lo-fi design techniques.
- Form hypotheses based on common established patterns and an understanding of user behavior.
- Prototype experiences using HTML or specialist tools such as Invision.
- Describe responsive experiences using tools such as Sketch.
- Experience with Lean UX practices
- Hands-on experience of user research
- Experience delivering internationalised/accessible experiences
- Experience harmonising experiences across multiple websites/outlets
Do you align with Anaplan’s Values?
Open: We give and receive feedback to help one another grow
Explore all of our Values on Anaplan.com/careers
At Anaplan, we’re relentlessly passionate about improving the way companies and people do business by empowering them with the technology, insights, and confidence they need to make better-informed plans and decisions.
With 16 offices worldwide, we’re building products used by over 600 clients that include some of the world’s largest brands and fast-growing companies in every industry, and we’re just getting started.
CAN’T FIND THE PERFECT ROLE FOR YOU? NEW OPPORTUNITIES ARE OPENING UP DAILY: