Ocado technology is the innovative technology powerhouse behind Ocado.com, the biggest online-only grocery retailer in the world. We are based in Hatfield (16min train commute from London King’s Cross) and have offices in Krakow, Wroclaw, Barcelona & Sofia. With teams all over Europe, we really strive for diversity and a work environment where everyone feels welcomed.
With over 40 Uxers (and counting) in the company, there are plenty of opportunities to work with other designers and researchers on various projects and initiatives. We also run regular community meetings to showcase our work and learn from others. We are a very diverse group of people, coming from all horizons and with different perspectives.
We are now looking for UX Lead to join our Sofia development centre.
Team & Job
You will be joining the OSP store pick development team, which is part of our Fulfilment product. The product enables picking and preparing of orders for delivery to customers. Together, we will be working on the next set of features that will bring the user experience to the next level, as well as improving the current capabilities of the product. You’ll be delivering industry leading designs to allow staff to run the store pick operation, resolve problems in real time and oversee their operation. You’ll be responsible for the work you produce and accountable for its impact on key KPIs as well lead more junior designers. Learn about how we work.
You’ll work alongside another Team Lead (Linkedin) together evolving and inspiring towards world leading user experience. Our work is not limited to interaction on screens; It compliments the unique physical conditions. Finally, you’ll be a champion of everything UX in the company, collaborating with Product Managers, Developers, Data analysts, Clients and other stakeholders of the importance of UX. Designing is the easy part, convincing is much harder.
Skills required for the role:
- Previous leadership of a design team is desirable but not a must. You should be able to demonstrate you can mentor and lead UX, working with key stakeholders internally and externally
- Good visual design skills. Every pixel matters
- Familiar with the rules of a design system, or eager to learn more about it
- Great problem-solving skills. We work on a very complex product
- Research skills, such as building personas, user testing and analysis, usability surveys…
- Strong team spirit and collaboration skills. We need a designer that can liaise with many stakeholders, keep the team informed of their progress and help others in their projects
- Able to take a project from the start and deliver it in a timely manner, exceeding expectations with innovative experiences and UIs
- Appreciate the value of data - how to gather it and make the most of it during the development phases
- HTML & CSS - basic understanding.
Our social package includes:
- Flexible working hours
- 25 Days annual leave
- Compliments card
- Additional health care and life insurance
- Developer Exchange program: a 2 - 3 week exchange giving you the opportunity to work at one of our overseas development centres
- A choice of equipment (iOS / linux / windows operational system)
- Both in house and external training programs
- Modern office in the city centre
- Monthly drinks events to find out what’s happening in the rest of the business, and to meet and relax with your colleagues
- Team building activities
There’s a lot going on at Ocado Technology!
Come and find out more about us at one of our Tech events.
We are waiting for your CV! An online portfolio, showing the breadth of your UX skills.