User Experience Researcher
User Experience Researcher
We’re WhiteHat. A tech start-up on a mission to create an outstanding alternative to university. By delivering training in partnership with world-class content providers, through a combination of 1:1 coaching and cutting-edge tech, we offer apprenticeships that genuinely rival the learning experience at elite universities.
We raised a $16m Series A round last year, led by some of the world’s leading investors (including Index Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners and Salesforce Ventures). We were also listed as one of LinkedIn’s top startups and a Forbes ‘Ones to watch’ for 2020. We want to build an iconic company that becomes one of the great European businesses of our generation.
As our first UX Researcher, you will help drive a user-driven product roadmap, providing valuable insight into complex problems across our products!
- Lead on designing, planning and conducting the user research process across Products from developing user recruitment through to test moderation, analysis and reporting.
- Modelling insights gained from user research into formats to enhance organisational understanding of our users – such as personas and user journey maps.
- Work closely with our product team and software developers to turn user data into actionable requirements that feed into Product strategy.
- Help develop and maintain UX/UI testing standards and guidelines for methodology usage, testing materials, test planning, recruiting and test preparation.
- Promote user-centred design principles and best practice across the organisation.
You might have…
- Experience managing, executing and analysing usability test sessions or focus group sessions.
- Good presentation skills for delivering insights in various formats.
- Experience influencing user needs to senior stakeholders.
- Understanding of user interface/user interaction design principles.
- Excellent communication skills for cross-functional collaboration.
- Experience of analysing both quantitative and/or qualitative research methods.
- Experience of working in an agile development environment.
Apart from being one of the fastest-growing tech companies in Europe, we are working towards a social mission which we care deeply about.
What’s in it for you?
- Equity. One of our core values is “we are all owners” so we make sure everyone has a piece of the pie.
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays to keep the tank topped up.
- Pension scheme. We will contribute 3% of your salary if you contribute 5%.
- Perkbox benefits, for everything from phone insurance to gym membership.
- Drinks, snacks and regular treats which can be enjoyed in the summer from the balcony on our 5th floor.
For now, everyone is fully remote but we will return to our office in Baker Street in the future!