Freelance UX/UI Designer
At Medwise.ai we are helping clinicians find answers to their questions about patient care faster than ever before.
Our mission is to improve healthcare by helping doctors find evidence-based, authoritative answers to their questions, and be better at this than Google Search. This puts us at the intersection of the latest research in NLP, search and QA and the upcoming transformation of healthcare.
We are an early stage, fast-growing startup with a working MVP specific for Covid-19 that we keep iterating on, and a growing community of users. We recently won a very competitive Innovate UK grant to continue developing this product, and are doing so with an expanding team of volunteers and contributors.
We are looking for exceptional individuals with outstanding design skills to help us keep our website at the cutting edge of design which will delight NHS clinicians.
What you will do:
- Develop and deliver web-based design solutions that will be used by NHS clinicians in clinical environments
- Craft experiences that meet our high visual and interaction design quality standards
- Create innovative and creative design solutions that deliver elegant and efficient user experiences
- Generate ideas and concepts, visualize them so they can be communicated effectively to the team, partners, and clinicians
- Translate product concepts into detailed designs that bring simplicity to a sometimes overwhelming domain
- Deliver design concepts, wireframes, prototypes, and detailed design specifications
- Communicate with frontend developers to turn design into live product
- Experience with designing and delivering innovative end-to-end customer experiences and products from concept, to production, to shipment
- Portfolio demonstrating: shipment of products successfully; strong skills in visual, information hierarchy, layout, composition, and typography
- Strong visual and verbal storytelling skills to present and articulate design decisions
- Highly skilled at prototyping at multiple levels of fidelity and helps elevate prototyping skills and utilization across their team
- Ability to design and document user flows and design components at a system level
- 2+ years professional experience designing user friendly products for web
- Highly skilled in design and content management tools (e.g. Figma)
- Experience working on digital health products preferred but not required
What we offer
- Remote, contract-based work paid hourly at reasonable rates :)
- Up to ~250 hours currently budgeted.
- You need to be able to legally work in the UK
- We’re looking to move quickly, we are looking for someone to start ASAP