Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner.
Based in San Francisco, Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin was known for launching the first stationless mobility program in Seattle, and has since expanded to become the exclusive electric scooter partner in mid-sized cities like Coral Gables, Florida and Lexington, Kentucky, and one of a few permitted scooter operators in large cities like Denver, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. The team embeds in cities and neighborhoods to understand their specific transportation needs, and hires locally from the community.
Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
About the Role
At Spin, you will be the voice of the user by uncovering meaningful insights to drive great design and innovation for our product teams. Your work will be vital to how we understand the needs of our riders, operations staff, and cities.
- Work with designers, product managers, and other stakeholders on research needs
- Design and execute a variety of research studies, both quantitative and qualitative, including field studies, usability tests, concept tests, group discussions, surveys, etc.
- Identify and explore new opportunities through creative research methods to help define product roadmaps, vision, and strategy
- Synthesize findings into meaningful themes, turning them into succinct, actionable and impactful reports
- Build empathy across the organization to improve the products we build, and be the champion for our users
- 5+ years of experience with Product organizations conducting UX research, including both qualitative and quantitative methods such as usability/user testing, surveys, and in-context interviews
- Undergraduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a related field OR comparable UX research experience
- Ability to speak to and educate teams about user research
- Track record of influencing key product decisions through research
- Resourceful in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to ride the scooters at their max speed of 15mph
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.