Dealerware is modern fleet management for the modern retailer. We are proud to be one of the hottest software companies in the automotive sector. By combining a modern-approach with fresh design thinking, Dealerware’s industry-leading SaaS platform enables best-in-class fleet management and mobility for top automotive dealerships and manufacturers. Three years ago, we burst onto the scene with a promise to reduce costs and elevate the customer experience at automotive dealerships. Today, we’re experiencing 100% YOY growth and are positioned to truly change the way the world hits the road. Across the automotive ecosystem, there’s hundreds of billions of dollars at stake. And we’re right in the swell of it.
Dealerware is looking for an experienced UX Researcher to join our growing team and contribute to building out our core research function. This individual must be passionate about people with a strong record of conducting research across different methodologies with clear applications to business problems. We are looking for a strong individual contributor who will work closely with product management, engineering, design, customer success and the human insights team (UX Research + Data Science) to co-create and drive a culture of curiosity and experimentation.
As a UX Researcher, you will:
- Identify key research questions and objectives in partnership with product, design, customer success, marketing and engineering teams to recommend the best research method to answer the question at hand.
- Formulate, develop and execute on multiple research methods that span from "in the wild" research/ethnographic studies, remote usability studies, persona development and survey creation.
- Create and communicate a deep understanding and empathy for our customers across the organization.
- Execute qualitative research projects from start to finish, including developing a research plan, recruiting, moderating, analyzing results and presenting findings/visualizing data.
- Educate teams on how to incorporate user research to support evidence-based product and design decisions.
- Proactively identify opportunities for future product development or opportunities in existing products by utilizing your toolkit of UX research methods.
- Keep up with the rapidly evolving field of UX research, consistently bringing new ideas to the team.
- Translate research findings into clear business implications and drive increased interest for research through presentations and events.
- Effectively share research results and ensure they are easily accessible by all cross-functional stakeholders.
- Experience with designing research artifacts (e.g., surveys and questionnaires, in-depth-interviews, cognitive walkthroughs, usability studies, contextual inquiries, etc.).
- Hands-on experience with user insights and trends research, iterative prototype evaluation, value proposition assessment, concept testing, lab-based user testing, and field research.
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple projects across cross-functional teams according to schedule, resources and opportunity constraints.
- Experience influencing, guiding and teaching others about the value and importance of user-centered design thinking and research.
- Experience with agile software development and how UX research fits within that framework.
- Experience with remote moderated and unmoderated research a plus.
- Experience with user research tools like UserZoom (Validately), UserTesting, Dovetail, Miro and Airtable a plus.
- Experience working with third-party research vendors is a plus.
- Bachelor degree in Social Sciences, HCI, Cognitive Psychology, Anthropology or similar field or equivalent work/portfolio experience
- 3+ years experience conducting user research for B2B/B2C SaaS and mobile products
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills, both oral and written
- Insatiable curiosity
Dealerware offers you:
- Competitive base salary with bonus incentive eligibility
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
- New office and a dynamic team in downtown Austin with free parking
- Friendly, small company environment with a progressive culture and flexible hours
- Backed by Audi, a 109-year-old automotive industry leader
- Semi-flat organizational structure that ensures your influence on products we build
- Training for all employees provided in Udemy
- Unlimited paid vacation policy
- Discounts on Silvercar rentals and participation in Audi Lease Program
Dealerware is committed to being an inclusive workplace where diversity is celebrated. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, or disability.