Our mission is to inspire people to go beyond their cultural boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and culture, special, unique and meaningful. Together with our users, we take a stand for an open, tolerant and cosmopolitan world. We deeply care about this, and aspire to be creative, sustainable and inclusive in everything we do.
We help our culturally curious audience explore and experience their world, wherever they are, wherever they go, with our award-winning stories and recommendations, and our curated collection of thousands of memorable local and international experiences and places to stay that can now be directly planned and booked via our site and our app.
While travel might be restricted right now, we know that the universal need to experience life never is. That’s why our ‘Stay Safe, Stay Curious’ campaign invites you to explore and experience your own cities and countries, and get outdoors where possible. We have also launched virtual experiences such as online cooking classes with local chefs, museum tours guided by experts and walking tours through much loved cities that you can enjoy from the comfort of your home.
Culture Trip has shown record-breaking growth: monthly unique visitors have gone to 15-20 million, app downloads have leapt to more than 2.7 million, social followers have increased to 8 million (in 2019, we were the fastest growing travel and media brand on social media) and our videos have been viewed more than 2.5 billion times since 2016.
Since 2019 alone, we have won more than 30 awards including 16 Telly awards, 10 Muse Creative awards, 2 Webby awards, 2 Lovie awards, the Travel Media’s Consumer Publication Of The Year Award, and our app was named App of the Day by Apple in the US and the UK.
Culture Trip was founded in 2011 and Dr Kris Naudts spent four years evolving the concept of Culture Trip alongside a small team. Dr Naudts secured seed funding of $2 million in 2015, Series A funding in 2016 when PPF Group invested $20 million and a further funding injection of $80 million in 2018.
Job Type: Permanent role (open to fixed term contracts)
Location: London with some remote working (we will consider full remote working for a fixed-term contract)
We’re looking for an experienced Product Designer to work with our User Experience and Design team in London. You’ll be part of Culture Trip’s design teams in London, Tel Aviv and Shanghai. We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about Product Design with experience working through a UX process from ideation and prototyping, through to testing and high fidelity design.
Working with our Product Design Director, and multidisciplinary squads, you’ll be designing for both responsive Web and App. You’ll be helping redesign and improve parts of Culture Trip’s products and services such as our Places to Stay and Experiences booking proposition. Working with content leads, you’ll help us explore innovative ways to tell stories with the content from our global network of creators.
- You’ll be working with our Product Design Director and multi-disciplinary Product and Dev teams to design for our responsive site and App
- Projects could include working on our Places to Stay and Experiences proposition, improving our content experience or designing our content creator workflow management systems
- Following a UX process from ideation, wireframing and prototyping, through testing, iteration and final design, you’ll help design new features and products
- You’ll be closely aligned with our Tel Aviv Product Design team to ensure consistency and alignment across the product and participate in Design crits to continue to raise our bar for quality
- Collaborating with our Brand Marketing team, you’ll help ensure the brand personality of Culture Trip is carried into the look and feel of the product design
- You have demonstrated experience designing Digital product features and experiences, responsive Web and/or Apps.
- Your portfolio will show us your design skills and abilities and will show us how you approach a problem, not just the final design.
- You have experience working in an end-to-end UX process from ideation, wireframing and prototyping through testing and final design delivery
- You have experience participating in ideation/design sprints, even if you haven’t facilitated them yourself
- You have experience taking User Research findings and data insights into your design process, even if you haven’t run a User Research session yourself
- You have experience with common visual and interaction design tools such as Figma, Adobe CC and Sketch.
- Ideally experience with travel, ecommerce or transactional digital products.
- Ideally you’ve done some level of prototyping with tools such as Figma,Proto.io or Invision.
Culture Trip is committed to equality of opportunity for all. We strongly believe that diversity of backgrounds, ethnicities, experience, circumstances, abilities and perspectives leads to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users.