Who are we?
Founded in 2016, Elemental Concept is a Tech Consultancy, Software Developer and Managed Service Provider.
Based in London and Singapore, we are business led from end to end, partnering with our clients to identify the fundamental value proposition of their business and then identify and build the technology that supports success. Beyond the build we offer platform management services, ensuring our clients systems continue to perform for the long-term.
We like great solutions to real problems and want to help fresh ideas success. Sometimes this will mean backing a start-up, taking a portion of our costs as equity in their business.
Working as part of a global team, you will collaborate with your customers and team members on a wide range of projects across multiple industries.
You will contribute your UX and UI design expertise, ensuring the user is at the heart of all solutions. Your work will be varied, from prototype creation through to web design and product builds. You will play an active role in product discovery and conceptualisation and support the design and creation of both client and internal collateral.
You will have the opportunity to work with clients on their branding & core identity creation and will be expected to contribute to content strategy as needed.
As part of a global team you will connect on a daily basis with the team, via email, Slack and other channels.
You will thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment, driving your own projects and deliverables whilst also sharing draft designs early with your team, enabling fast feedback for better outputs and better deliverables.
- Product Build - Working as part of the scrum development team, you will design effective UX/UI for a wide range of projects to include mobile apps, websites and back office applications. You will work with your team to agree on the best design frameworks to use to suit the project and build and maintain superb communication with your team on a daily basis, respecting the scrum ceremonies
- Website Design & Build - You will create and code your own bespoke website designs and undertake website builds using Wordpress, Wix and other CMS providers.
- Prototypes - You will generate rapid prototypes to validate product solutions and be able to organise and drive UX interviews and testing for your projects to ensure we are always best serving the end user. You will talk people through your work with user-flows diagrams, UI screen breakdown and analysis, black and white as well as low and high fidelity prototypes and mockups.
- Collateral Creation - As project demands require, you will write content for products and associated marketing material, from pitch decks through to websites, using keen content strategy to convey the brand voice and shape the user experience.
- User Testing & Validation - You will plan and carry out user testing, from focus groups, guerilla testing surveying with SurveyMonkey and similar to face-to-face extended user testing sessions. You will further deliver all of the required documentation, from client information material to user screeners, questionnaires and final follow up reports.
- UI - You will provide intuitive interfaces for your end-users, seeking the best solutions and demonstrating a thorough knowledge of industry UI trends, patterns and frameworks. You will conduct thorough competitor and industry research to help inform your work and approach to whatever you are working on, as well as keep up to date with best practice.
- UX - A competent researcher, you will be able to produce detailed UX product and market based competitor analyses to enable us to go into workshops to develop products well informed on current trends and potential gaps in the market.
- Be a proactive solution finder and a resourceful individual, who can drive their own deliverables and take ownership of their work and quality control by regularly sharing and seeking feedback from the rest of the design team and beyond. We are looking for someone who not only delivers but is passionate about their role in that delivery and constantly seeks to bring solid, consistent and quality work to the table.
- Thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills, accountability and personal responsibility. Taking ownership for your work while also contributing to the wider team. An aptitude for team collaboration and open communication is key.
- Have client facing experience and be confident demo’ing your designs and conceptual skills to illustrate your ideas in workshop sessions.
- Be vigilant that the UX/UI has been developed on your projects hitting all the required acceptance criteria. You will also be confident in flagging any issues you see in the process.
- Ensure your work evolves as the product does, enhancing the UX and UI as your product develops, reiterating based on user feedback and generating the additional visual print collateral, as well as digital assets and infographics to support both the customer and the business.
- Be solution focused - Generate logical creative ideas, following UX/UI best practices and be confident in conveying your solutions to others.
- Be a positive, motivated person, keen to learn and develop yourself, your knowledge and your skillset.
- Be a fluent English speaker with the ability to create copy and have a mind for content strategy (for websites, pitch decks, prototypes etc.)
- Have good time management and juggling skills – able to manage your workload in relation to deadlines and working transparently and communicating with your team.
- Be able to turnaround quick visuals for pitches and slide-decks.
- Be able to present and defend your designs and concepts to both clients and team members while collaborating to create the best results.
- Be able to confidently reach out when needed to clarify requirements to ensure we are working as efficiently as possible.
- Understand that a design that is ‘done and done well’ can be better than one that is ‘perfect but not finished yet’.
- Possess working experience in a software & web applications environment, which leverages emergent technologies, as well as knowledge of mobile devices, desktop and native applications.
- Have knowledge on accessibility, usability testing and rapid prototyping
- Have the ability to create sketch (lo-fi mocks) wireframes as well as fully actualised digital designs.
- Possess good working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, InDesign, Proto.io, Axure, Fireworks, Adobe XD, Figma & Sketch and associated design tools.
- Experience in photography, art direction, storyboarding and animation is a distinct advantage.