Senior Strategy/UX Manager
Posted 2 years ago
Apply for this job
Farfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global technology platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a diverse team of Marketing professionals, spanning artistic and scientific expertise. We’re driven to amaze our global community of customers through our data-driven approach, revolutionary spirit, test and learn culture and collaborative style. All for the love of fashion.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. We have large open plan spaces and a feature staircase connecting our 3 floors, encouraging our collaborative and open culture. We also have a big outdoor terrace where we can have lunch and host social events when the sun comes out!
Reporting directly to the Director of Marketing Experience, you will be responsible for driving the strategy and creating concepts, layouts and designs across all potential customer touchpoints e.g. Web, Email, Display Advertising, Events, Print etc. Leading multiple projects and owning the entire Experience Design solution. Managing multiple designers you will also work in multidisciplinary teams to deliver on-brand and considered creative executions and digital output. Output could be wireframes, high fidelity designs and/or interactive prototypes. You will also be able to concept and articulate ideas for campaigns, promotions and other strategic initiatives within Marketing and other parts of the business as required. Partner closely with Creative and Art Direction to ensure that your vision is captured and articulated to meet the defined experience. You will lead, inspire and guide Senior, Junior and Experience Designers and be an advocate for user centred design principles. You will help define and optimise the creative process and hold regular meetings with your team to ensure that they are inspired, focused and on task. You are a critical part of the Marketing Experience and will play a leadership role within the team, Marketing and across other parts of the business. You will be a conduit between marketing and product creating best in class wholistic shopping experience. You contribute to and drive key results and business objectives, whilst owning creative strategy for the team or project. You are an advocate of the user and always consider the end-to-end customer experience.
What you'll do
- Be responsible for leading the Experience Design across multiple projects.
- Work closely with Account/Programme management to estimate work and allocate resources.
- Manage projects concepts from ideation to executionCreate concepts, high level designs or presentations to articulate your ideas
- Create detailed designs for Web, Email, Display Advertising, Events, Print etc. to agreed deadlines
- Design detailed experience maps, user journeys or diagrams
- Layout detailed experiences including interactions and screen flows
- Create interactive prototypes as needed to convey an experience or customer journey
- Work cohesively with other departments (i.e., digital marketing, merchandising, product) to execute projects; keeping to deadlines
- Work with Creative and Art direction to help define required assets for your designs/experiences
- Host creative share sessions for Marketing Experience, Marketing and the wider business
- Be able to create presentations to articulate your concepts and ideas.
Who you are
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Design/UX/UI or the equivalent industry experience
- Experienced in managing teams of between 2-5 designers
- Proficient at Design Operations
- Experienced in service design
- Very experienced in User Centred Design
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma etc.
- Incredible prototyping tools like InVision, etc.
- Mastery of graphic design, layout and typography
- A strong understanding of brand expression
- Absolute attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiasm for fashion and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- A real drive for results and data driven insights
- Professional attitude and a real pride in quality of work
- Inspirational and an evangelist for Experience Design across the organisation
- Able to manage, unblock and mentor multiple designers