Apply for this job
Blink is a UX research and design firm that works with great companies to create meaningful digital products, brands, and experiences. This opportunity is with the staffing division of Blink, Embedded. This division places talented UXers on long-term contract opportunities with some of Blinks largest client partners.
Blink Embedded is looking for a UX Researcher to join a client team based in San Francisco/Mountain View, CA for a one year, full-time engagement, with the potential to convert to permanent, full-time. This person would be joining a small team of user researchers working within a distributed, cross-functional team, building products and services for app developers.
This person needs to be comfortable with usability, looking to build experience in executing applied research in a wide variety of topics related to app development and wanting to make real product impact early and often.
Please note this position would be remote to start due to COVID-19, but the expectation eventually would be that this person would sit on site. Applicants must be located in the San Francisco area.
- Partner with research leads and execute weekly usability research program:
- Conduct weekly remote and/or in-person usability studies with developer users on UX flows.
- Liaise with cross-functional, geographically-distributed stakeholders (design, product, engineering) to plan and execute weekly rolling usability studies.
- Collect and analyze findings and provide recommendations.
- Debrief with stakeholders.
- Communicate and archive weekly results.
- Education: BA or BS.
- Understanding of user research methodologies, especially usability and task-based assessment.
- Good working knowledge of the principles of experiment design.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, negotiation, and collaboration skills.
- Some experience conducting research studies and a basic understanding of survey design.
- Nice to Have Skills/Not Required:
- MS in Cognitive Psychology, HCI, or related discipline.
- Experience of the app lifecycle / previously built a web or native mobile app.
- Experience with remote usability testing tools such as Optimal Workshop, UserTesting.com or UserZoom.
- Experience with Gsuite.
This job is W-2, salaried with full benefits.