Posted 2 years ago
Apply for this job
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us.
We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
Purpose of the role!
- To represent design in the Partnerships team at Babylon.
- To work with design, product, delivery and technology leads to deliver high quality experiences and insights for Babylon’s Partners.
- Lead design of a product area; connecting that to a broader product vision (e.g, product page and purchase experience)
- Facilitate cross-discipline sessions as part of early product definition - likely pulling from a tool box of lean UX approaches, design sprint and prototyping methods
- Partner with user research to craft scenarios and jobs to be done for your area of the product
- Reacting quickly to clients needs and establishing long term ways of working that scale
- Define processes and approaches for tackling design, research or business problems, using known methods as we evolve our products to support partnerships and our client’s needs
- Design product solutions which are data informed (quant & qual) using a variety of design techniques and artefacts of varying fidelities
- Ensure our products follow accessibility standards and create a standard by contributing to our design system guidelines
- Help build a strong design and learner-mindset culture by sharing your experiences with the design chapter, being an evangelist for user-centric approaches in the broader organisation, and actively participating in the design community.
Key skills required:
- Expertise in some core design skills. We expect you to be exploring some specialised depth and/or breadth of experience across the UX and product design spectrum
- Mature people skills. Design is not only about craft and at this level we also expect you have begun to explore several key people skills. These include communication and presentation skills - ability to communicate design effectively, regardless of the audience; and receiving and giving constructive feedback
- Experience facilitating workshops and leading meetings. Proven ability to collaborate successfully with cross-functional peers and teams (AI, Engineering, Marketing, Product) to develop concepts and products
- Highly organised, with strong time management skills. Proven ability to prioritise tasks, anticipate incoming requests and manage expectations in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in an agile ‘agency-style’ environment
- Experience of interpreting clients needs into actionable outcomes
- Ability to clarify success metrics and tie efforts toward delivering business value
- Understands how their work fits in to the overall Babylon service, identifying blockers and problems and actively works to fix them
- A keen eye for detail, but ability to rapidly solve problems using everything from a basic sketch to high fidelity prototypes
- Some experience running user testing sessions
- A passion to design a product and service that serves humanity
- Is compassionate and caring towards others
- They respect the views and ideas of others
- Works in a straight-forward, collaborative and inclusive way and is non-political
- Is tenacious, in the pursuit to delight our users.
- They strive for excellence in all they do and always look to improve our service and product
- Regularly seeks to turn ideas into action and injects creativity into every touch point
- They question common practice to challenge the norm
- Frequently has a can-do attitude and a positive viewpoint
- Takes ownership and always delivers against what is agreed
- Gives timely, helpful feedback to peers and managers
- Communicates assumptions and gets clarification on tasks up front to minimise the need for rework
- Capable of prioritising tasks
- Keen to evangelise design throughout the company
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Experience working on a diverse range of problems, delivering great design work particularly for software tools, responsive web and native apps
- A solid foundation of interaction design, communication design and user-centered methods likely based upon an academic degree in design or HCI
- Experience working in cross functional Agile teams to build and iterate great products
- Experience working in healthcare
- Experience working in emerging markets
- Experience working in agencies or consultancies
- Experience in planning and running their own user interviews and testing sessions
We look forward to hearing from you!
We believe that difference inspires a better, healthier world. That’s why it’s at the heart of everything we do. From our people to our products, difference enriches every part of our business and creates a culture based on equality of opportunity, and in which all Babylonians can progress their careers. We’re committed to creating an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
At Babylon, we have Power of Diversity groups (PODs) to drive positive engagements that create and foster a diverse and inclusive environment and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse pool of candidates.
Our mission is to put an accessible and affordable health service in the hands of every person on earth. Diversity and inclusion play a key role in helping us bring this mission to life and create a true sense of belonging for all.